PDA

View Full Version : ***Xmas Info****

florida4sun
24-10-2003, 03:22
[u]Holidays Around The World</u>

Nov 28th to Dec 30th
Each counrty will have its version of Xmas celebarations. My kids love listening to all the different stories. If can take time to visist each country and soak up their traditions.

Candelight Processional.
This is a very moving event at the American Ppavillion in Epcot. A joyous telling of the Christmas Story by a well known &#39;star&#39; narrator. They are accompanied by a 50 piec orchestra and a mass choir. This really is soemthing not to miss. You can queue up to get seats or buy a dinner package with priority seating starting at $28.99 adult and $10.99 childs. Call 407 WDW INFO.

Downtown Disney
They ahve a tree lighting ceromony each night. Gun to watch and you may have a child lucky enough to get picked out to flick the switch.

Karen
24-10-2003, 18:36
Ah, sounds wonderful, Martin. We are all really looking forwards to coming out for Christmas. Our son is soooo excited he keeps counting the weeks until we go (6 this Saturday, not that I am counting or anything ;)0

sarahjk
24-10-2003, 20:46
Hiya

One of the ladys that works in the Newcastle branch of my office is part of a choir which is the first British Choir to be invited to take part in the procession they will be there for the fist week and the choir has been practising the songs that are sent by Disney for them to learn before the event she has said that the songs are brilliant and she highly recommends going to see it (even though by the time I go she will already have been home for about a fortnight):D she is getting really excited now they have a full plane all to themselves for the trip as they are taking family as well the choir which has about 60 give or take a few[:p]

MTP
26-10-2003, 21:41
The Processional is BRILLIANT!! We bought the CD last year and listen to it regularly, the musical arrangement of all of the songs is fantastic, and the atmosphere at the venue superb. Does anyone know where the dinner options are for priority seating as we are considering this as an option for this year's trip (just being lazy and not researching it myself!:)).

Thanks,

Euan

kathrynanncooper
26-10-2003, 21:55
KUA (the electricity company) puts on a brilliant day of fun and entertainment at Kissimmee Lakefront. There is usually a band playing most of the day; artificial snow (as if we don't get enough of it over here); various stalls - last time we went I entered a competition and a few days later received a telephone call to say I had won four tickets to the Pirate's Adventure Show. So we had a brilliant night out on our wedding anniversary in January.

The evening (at Kissimmee lakefront) ends with a procession through the street where they throw out treats for the children - sweets, kids jewellery etc. My children counted over 200 items between the four of them.

sarahjk
27-10-2003, 00:08
Hi Kathryn

What date is the KUA fun day on it sounds pretty good and we are looking for a few things to do this year that a) arent theme parks although we are still doing a couple or more days at them
and b) are not as expensive but still will be fun for the girls

Sarah:)

kathrynanncooper
27-10-2003, 01:17
Just copied and pasted details as follows:--it may be a little early on for many people who are going for Christmas. Keep an eye open other times of the year because they have many events - July 4th, Valentine's day etc.

Kissimmee Holiday Extravaganza
December 13, 2003
City: Kissimmee
County: Osceola
Hosted By: City of Kissimmee Parks and Recreation
Phone: 407-933-EVENT

Kissimmee Holiday Extravaganza is from Noon-9:00pm at the Kissimmee Lakefront Park. This event consists of arts and crafts, food festival, rides, 20 tons of snow for the kids, strolling entertainment, musical entertainment, kids activities and the Kissimmee/St.Cloud Jaycee's "Festival of Light's" parade, followed by a fireworks show.

Annual Event and Vendors
Music: Yes
Food: Yes