PDA

View Full Version : What a lovely day !!!

luckylady
24-01-2008, 08:22
We visited Cypress Gardens for the first time on Tuesday
I wish that we had made the effort to visit this park earlier.
We have been coming to Floria for over twenty years and never thought to spend a day at Cypress Gardens .

It's a great relaxed park with beautiful gardens.some good live shows.
A railway and a ferry boat ride and some great traditional rides.

We had a really enjoyable day, so much to see in a relaxed atmosphere
The attentants are very friendly and have time to chat and laugh with you.
I wish more visitors to Florida would go and spend a day.
Total opposite to the famous Parks in Orlando.

We will definately visit again,a pity we took so long [msnsmile2]

Paula D-S
24-01-2008, 10:13
Glad you had a good day Barbara, we love this park and have visited a few times now. It was very relaxed in July and August.

christhear
24-01-2008, 12:00
We had annual passes last year. You can do so much in a day there as i don't think we have ever queued to get on a ride. In August we have even had the whole wave pool to ourselves in the water park at the back of the park.

LiesaAnna
24-01-2008, 12:49
still never manged this one before.....doh!

orlandodaze
24-01-2008, 14:14
WE often talked about going here , next time definately .

ccarcher
24-01-2008, 15:18
Its like a little hidden gem of old time Florida

We visited first time last year with the kids 5&4 even though I had been to Florida for over 20 years

had an absolutley wonderful day so relaxing and a real joy for younger kids, and being able to flip between theme park and water park is fantastic

We found it a great introduction to the theme parks, before it gets a little more hectiv at the more famous parks

Will definately visit again in March / April on our next trip

Cruella DeVilla
24-01-2008, 17:00
It makes a change from the action packed days at the other parks and has the claim to fame of being the first.

Kazzie
24-01-2008, 17:31
We are hoping to go to Cypress Gardens on our visit end of March/April. The Beach Boys are on there 30th March and tickets go on Sale 30th January.[msnsmile]

janny
24-01-2008, 17:45
We went twice during our stay from which we have just returned and I agree it is a welcome change from the hustle and bustle.Staff are friendly you are not rushed and it is so peaceful.We saw the Turtles -the pop group from the 60's and they were great only thing was the heavens opened and they had to cut the concert short.We didn't realise the concerts are free if you don't mind taking your own chairs or blankets and sitting out in the open.

orlandodaze
24-01-2008, 18:26
Shame we return home March 30th , I would have loved to hear the Beachboys in concert.:(

taylona
25-01-2008, 20:48
We keep saying we must go there, so I must do it!!! We recently bought the Beach Boys Greatest Hits on CD ( had a copy on vinyl so haven't played it for many years) and introduced them to our daughter's (14 and 12yrs) who enjoy their music - they think it has a 'happy sound'. The oldest one, who is doing Music GCSE, was quite sad we will miss the concert by just 5 days.

Anyone else appearing there in April?

Cruella DeVilla
25-01-2008, 21:03
There are concerts on frequently and a lot of them are big names.

luckylady
26-01-2008, 02:25
We have arrived back home to a cold dreary depressing day here in the Northwest

To add to my comments above, Cypress Gardens is a forgotten park. compared to Disneyworld and Universal
Although we was first time visited, I would hate to see this little gem close due to lack of support.
Granted not as near as Disney,maybe not as exciting for some,but well worth the journey.
Please try and visit when you are in Florida,you will be pleasantly surprised.

Kazzie
26-01-2008, 03:05
Denise,

Not much going on in April but this is the timetable that is shown at the moment for the rest of the year:

January 26, 2008 Miranda Lambert
January 27, 2008 The Elvis Presley Story featuring Ronnie McDowell, The Jordanaires, DJ Fontana, and Millie Kirkham
February 03, 2008 Pat Boone
February 09, 2008 Ray Price with Special Guest Connie Smith
February 10, 2008 Juice Newton
February 14-17, 2008 Bows and Arrows Valentine Festival
February 16, 2008 Loretta Lynn
February 23, 2008 George Jones
February 24, 2008 Bill Haley's Comets & The Knockouts
March 01, 2008 Clay Walker and Heartland
March 02, 2008 BJ Thomas
March 08, 2008 Restless Heart
March 09, 2008 Wayne Newton
March 15, 2008 Frankie Avalon, Bobby Rydell, & Fabian
March 16, 2008 Oak Ridge Boys
March 22, 2008 Cypress Gardens' Eggstravaganza! The World's Largest Easter Egg Hunt
March 29, 2008 Sammy Kershaw
March 30, 2008 Beach Boys
April 19, 2008 Charlie Daniels
May 03, 2008 Michael W. Smith, Brandon Heath, Matthew West
August 09, 2008 Billy Currington
November 15, 2008 Casting Crowns
November 23, 2008 Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by taylona
We keep saying we must go there, so I must do it!!! We recently bought the Beach Boys Greatest Hits on CD ( had a copy on vinyl so haven't played it for many years) and introduced them to our daughter's (14 and 12yrs) who enjoy their music - they think it has a 'happy sound'. The oldest one, who is doing Music GCSE, was quite sad we will miss the concert by just 5 days.

Anyone else appearing there in April?
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
26-01-2008, 03:20
People might not recognise some of these names but many are massive in the Country genre.

orlandodaze
23-03-2008, 02:34
We have visited Cypress Gardens at last and we are so sorry we didnt do it years ago . A big thank you to Paula , Barbara and everyone else here who encouraged us to visit this lesser known park . My daughter had a field day ,she went on all the rides except the tiny tots ones and in some cases because it was so quiet she got a second turn . There is something here for everyone from the roller coasters to the magnicient gardens and topiary. The Festival of Flowers is on until March 30th ,and well worth a visit . There was even an Easter Egg Hunt and all the kids got some eggs, of course you had the greedy ones (parents were worse )who collected more than their share so some are going to have sore tummies even before Easter Sunday. What really impressed was how genuinely nice the park staff are ,so helpful and they appear happy to have you visit. Next time we shall watch out for some of those great concerts they have there and make a return visit. Also the town of Winterhaven is truly delightful also . How I would to be able to attend the Beachboys Concert there on March 30th but unfort unately we will be back in the real world then.

Paula D-S
23-03-2008, 10:17
Glad you all had a great time Olive.

ShirleyD
23-03-2008, 12:32
I like the look of Hermans Hermits with Peter Noone. I had a picture of him on my wall as a teenager [msnembarrased]

LiesaAnna
23-03-2008, 12:43
same here Shirley, well didnt have his posters on my walls but always liked him, saw him on Dave tv last night singing think it was old top of the pops stuff.....

glad you had had a great time in cg Olive, will try and get there next trip....:D

luckylady
23-03-2008, 13:29
Thank you Olive for your feedback,like you we wished we had visited earlier, it is such a shame they don't get more visitors.Will definitely be one of my first places to visit next time we are in Florida. [msnsmile2]

eagleydo
23-03-2008, 14:39
Yet, to visit here. Might try to get there this year, shame no special events in October though.

luckylady
23-03-2008, 14:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
I like the look of Hermans Hermits with Peter Noone. I had a picture of him on my wall as a teenager [msnembarrased]
[/quote]
I remember Hermans Hermits with Peter Noone very well, the 60s was my era.where have the years gone?[msnwink]

orlandodaze
23-03-2008, 17:15
Iloved Peter Noone and his cheeky grin , sadly I had forgotten his name but certainly not his music . Yes indeed Barbara where have the years gone,Im still 16 at heart.