PDA

View Full Version : The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne

Albert the Frog
22-01-2008, 02:27
We are thinking of staying in this hotel in downtown Orlando for a change. Does anybody have any knowledge of either the hotel or what the area is like as a base please????

florida4sun
22-01-2008, 03:12
I know the hotel and it is quite nice for couple of days but not somewhere I would stay for any longer. Same with the area (although in fairness I have not being there for some years now).
As this is a site for promoting villas so not the best site for a hotel review[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
We are thinking of staying in this hotel in downtown Orlando for a change. Does anybody have any knowledge of either the hotel or what the area is like as a base please????
[/quote]

ellie
22-01-2008, 18:04
I have no experience of this particular hotel, but we recently visited downtown Orlando and found it to be a bit strange, and not at all what we expected. It is full of high rise office blocks and very little else, and when we visited at the weekend appeared to be pretty dead as obviously the offices were closed. Traffic can be very heavy and there is a one-way traffic system.

There is, apparently, lots of night life and there did seem to be quite a few nightclubs around, as well as restaurants. We were surprised to find no real 'heart' to this area and certainly we never found any shops, which with teenagers was a bit of a disappointment.

There was a very interesting museum, called the Orange County Regional History Center, and a short distance away was a small park. To the eastern side there is Lake Eola Park, which has a lake where you can rent swan boats. There is also a large amphitheater which hosts many events.

I think it really depends what you want, Albert the Frog. It is not the sort of place you can wander around for hours. There are some very tall buildings such as the Bank of America Tower (406') and the Sun Trust Center at 441' but I think you would not want to stay there for very long, and I would say there are probably more interesting places to visit. If you like looking at office blocks and high rise towers then maybe this is just the place for you![msnwink]

Albert the Frog
22-01-2008, 23:31
Thanks all we'll have a re-think