PDA

View Full Version : Weather!!

AngelaB
20-01-2008, 15:04
Due to fly out to Orlando 28th Jan...been checking the weather and OMG!!! whats with it at the mo....Rain...Wind....TORNADOES!!!!

Please buck up Weather!!![msncry]

dawn
20-01-2008, 15:34
It sounds just like the weather we are having here at the moment, except it is every day here[msnsad]Would give anything (almost!) for the temperatures and sunshine in Florida at the moment[msncool]

It will be fine, have a wonderful time

blott
20-01-2008, 16:11
I'm in Florida at the mo and we had a thunderstorm last last evening at around 8 pm with lots of rain but it stopped raining within a couple of hours and I'm sitting here indoors in something sleeveless with no heating and it's only 6 am - you can't do that in the UK in winter, brrrr!

Unlike in the UK where any bad weather never knows when to stop, it finishes here very quickly and is soon back to sunshine again, and certainly normally a lot warmer than the UK, so don't worry and I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)

Jill
20-01-2008, 17:57
Useless bit of information regarding weather - it is documented the UK has more tornados per square mile than the States so I would not worry too much you stand more chance of being caught in one here than in Florida.

chrizzy100
21-01-2008, 04:23
In the UK we had a twister go though my friends back garden...I hear it come up the field behind us a few mins later...it was only small...but all the birds stopped singing...and all the leaves took off into the air and my washing went on end....

We had one in FL too...I was not there but I was on the phone to my neighbour while the storm was passing...and it took the palms down..

We have a few on the Cape...lost our roof to one in 95 but we did not live here then....and had one go through our town doing little damage but hit the next town real hard....
It did sound like a train...coming up the street...
We have always been lucky to be at the start of the twister...