PDA

View Full Version : BOOKING A VILLA

carole7007
09-03-2002, 01:28
When we first went to America six years ago, we booked a villa over the internet.

It was nothing like this site they just showed you one home and said 'It will be something like this'.

This site is great, guests can look through the villas and pick one that meets their requirements.

Unlike us we didn't have clue where or what type of home we were going to. The home was beautiful, but for the last couple of years we have been able to actually pick a villa and see what its like. Thats far more exciting !!!
We have enjoyed looking through and picking our Holiday Villa.

Dealing directly with the owners has been good, we have received lots of advice from them. Far better than booking through a Management Company.

Carole & Keith

orlandobabe
11-03-2002, 20:38
If there are more than two of you in a party (so that you need at least 2 bedrooms) the savings on a villa are phenomenal. I know its lovely to eat out in a different country but there are times when you are so tired you just can't be bothered to wait in line and for the food to come to you when all you want to do is grab a sandwich or something and then relax. Having a villa gives you that freedom of choice. Just think what you save in tips when you are having to eat out twice a day! People don't realise that when they are comparing villas with hotels-just how much the food and drink end of things run away with their money. Because you don't eat out at every meal-you can afford to go somewhere really nice when you do decide to go out-rather than just the cheap and cheerful Shoneys, Ponderosa etc!

I think a villa holiday is so much more peaceful and relaxing. I've just come back from a weekend away in a hotel-very nice-but doors were banging late at night etc etc. We live in such a crowded, busy world -isn't it nice to get away from your fellow man for a while?

Even the swimmimng pool was quite full!

Villas spoil you for all your other holidays-there's no doubt about it!

Orlandobabe

carole7007
11-03-2002, 21:09
Orlandobabe

I have to agree with you, after spending two great weeks in a villa, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, private pool, laundry facilities, fridge, microwave etc etc.

We moved to a hotel.

We asked for a family room 2 Adults 2 Teenagers and a 11 year old.

We ended up paying more for one room with two double beds and a put u up, for 5 nights than we had paid for the villa for 7.

We had one bathroom, coffee maker, TV, a pool that was so crowded and closed at 7.30pm, and NO FRIDGE.

We had to get up and go out to find somewhere for breakfast everyday, we had to go out of an evening to eat. After a long day in a park, it was nice to go back to the villa, and relax.

All of us in one room, we were getting on top of each other.

When we were in the villa we could choose to go out and eat or stay in, the children were quite happy with cereals and toast of a morning. We did have a couple of all you could eat breakfasts, but everyday it was a bit to much.

The freedom and space a villa gives you is far superior to a hotel room, and indeed worked out cheaper for us.

Villas have spoilt us !!!

We love the facilities, space and freedom.

Carole & Keith

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-03-2002, 21:13
We still recall the first time we booked a villa and arrived after a long day of flights. We opened the front door and just said Wow! (the actual words could not be printed here :)).

We just could not believe all that space was just for us. And our own pool that we can use whenever we want too - what more could we want.

We've not stayed in a hotel since as staying in a private villa has definitely spoilt us!

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

Edited by - floridadreamvilla.co.uk on 19/03/2002 12:49:56

athurstance
19-03-2002, 16:29
For me the best benefit has to be the private pool. It is so much nicer to be able to relax around your own pool, taking a dip when you want to without anybody else dive bombing you or splashing you etc.
I do still stay in hotels but only if a villa isn't possible. At least you know the pool will never be crowded.

tinkerbell
08-04-2002, 13:53
We have never been to Flirda and spent our holiday in a hotel. We booked a villa on our first holiday and there was no turning back after that, it's defintiely the way to go. Great if you have more than 3 I'd say, the room to move about in is great even if there are 6 of you!! The private pool is an absolute bonus, definitely worth staying in a villa rather than a hotel. You also have your own privacy, and get a little taste of what it might feel like to 'live' in the states!!!