PDA

View Full Version : Toll Roads

Regalpalmschic
17-01-2008, 16:21
Hello
Can someone please tell me the difference between the two passes on the toll roads. I think one is epass and the other Sunpass. And where can I obtain these. Are they both the same or do you need to get them both.
How do you know when it's run out?

Thanks
Sara

blott
17-01-2008, 18:42
They're both exactly the same thing - a Sunpass covers you for E-pass toll roads also and vice versa.

You can get Sunpass from CVS pharmacies or Publix for $25 and then you need to register it online and top it up with $25 of toll fees so it's $50 to start off.

E-pass you can get from Lowes.

You can track your balance online on the Sunpass website or the transponder will let you know when your balance is low by beeping specific tones.

Nina A
17-01-2008, 20:48
Is it worth getting one if you're only over a few times a year? They seem a great idea but it would take us a long time to use $50.

Cruella DeVilla
17-01-2008, 21:22
We have one as we normally make 6 trips to and from the airport each trip, use the 429 and various other toll roads quite a lot so for us it makes sense, it's more a time thing than cost although you do save.

stabard
17-01-2008, 21:31
would agree - they are worth it just not having to queue at the toll gates. We use ours mainly to and from the OWC and Cocoa beach as the boys go Wakeboarding at least 3 times a week when we are over.

blott
17-01-2008, 22:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nina A
Is it worth getting one if you're only over a few times a year? They seem a great idea but it would take us a long time to use $50.[/quote]It's not $50, it's $25 as you pay $25 for the unit, which lasts forever.

For regular visitors, it's worthwhile not having to find actual change or queueing at the toll booths. Of course, it also depends how often and how far you regularly travel on toll roads.

canarypam
17-01-2008, 23:31
One of the best things we have invested in! Saves time fiddling around for change and queueing at toll booth.

Regalpalmschic
18-01-2008, 00:38
Many thanks for that it will definetly be a good investment..

wellsy
01-04-2008, 18:24
I wanted to buy one of these on our last visit as we use the toll roads a lot whilst there.

I was looking at the package and it says you need to register the unit and need your driving licence number etc. Can UK users register?

They also need your vehicle registration number which will change each time you go - what do you do about this?

blott
01-04-2008, 19:13
You need a US or Canadian address in order to register and also a US issued debit or credit card or at least one with a US or Canadian billing address.

When you get your unit, you register the rental car you have at the time. Then you just remove the car registration from your account online and we've neveer put one back in since.

dunkderby
02-04-2008, 00:11
Hi Sara

The Sunpass was included with our hire car from Dollar. It could be worth checking if the car you hire comes with a pass before going out and buying it.

Colleen