PDA

View Full Version : Internet access in and around Orlando

Nostromo
22-10-2003, 19:40
We are staying at an Orange Tree villa for 3 weeks and as far as I know there is no internet access there. We are not taking a laptop on the trip. Are Cyber cafes easy to find in Orlando? Where does one generally go to access the web?

sunshine state
22-10-2003, 19:43
Im suprised there is not a cyber cafe on the villa complex where we stay at Emerald Island resort villas there is a cyber cafe free of charge just a couple of minutes walk from the villa.
I havent heard of any other cyber cafes but i should imagine there a more about.

Lakul
22-10-2003, 20:03
Nostromo

There is a library located near Publix at the west end of the 192. I believe you get 1/2 hour free access per day. I've not used it myself, so others may have more up to date information:D

wrpac00
24-10-2003, 00:47
I have used the Library by Publix that Lakul mentions (August this year). Yes you get 1/2 hour free access, I am not sure it is a per day though. You go in and put your name down in a book inside the door, if there is a queue, then they call your name out and give you a card with a number on that you type into the computer. They are open 7 days a week but I am not sure if you can access the internet 7 days a week.

Paul

wilfy
24-10-2003, 02:00
Places i've found, no true cyber cafe's as such, but i didn't look too hard....

The library downtown kissimmee allows either one hour or 15 minute sessions, per day.

The new-ish library just off Orange blossom trail, (going north from 192, turn right by huge nissan dealer) you have to "join". It's (i think) $5 for a week's temporary membership.

There is a coffee place in the middle of osceola mall that has a single machine. I cannot remember the charges.

Beunaventura factory outlet on the 535, small cafe on the left side as you enter. No idea on charges

Gillian-B
24-10-2003, 03:47
Is Orange Tree up near Universal? If it is, there is a cyber cafe less than 5 minutes drive from the entrance to Universal, but I couldn't tell you how to find it (someone in Books a Million at Belz explained how to get there). It's in a small parade of shops and seemed to be quite new.

Sorry I don't know much (it's not an area we're used to), but someone else may know more.

Nostromo
24-10-2003, 15:16
Orange Tree Villas are near the junction of US192 (West) with US27. I think the Publix the others mentioned is also nearby. Thanks everyone.

hamptonlakes
24-10-2003, 15:58
The Ponderosa(s) also has internet access aswell:D[8D]

Gillian-B
24-10-2003, 21:31
quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

Orange Tree Villas are near the junction of US192 (West) with US27. I think the Publix the others mentioned is also nearby. Thanks everyone.

Thanks - it's Orange Tree Country Club I'm thinking of (which probably isn't even a villa estate!!).

wilfy
25-10-2003, 00:04
Isn't Orange Tree Country Club that place nearly opposite lindfields entrance?

Gillian-B
25-10-2003, 02:00
quote:Originally posted by wilfy

Isn't Orange Tree Country Club that place nearly opposite lindfields entrance?

Yes, I think you're right - it's just down the road from Lindfields and is part timeshare with a golf course and lakes (I've been past it loads of times, so I think my mind must be going!!). I picked up the "Orange Tree" near Universal from mapquest.com, so I'll have to go and have another look . . . .