PDA

View Full Version : WOW

sammibabe
09-01-2008, 01:37
My husband has just told me that we're going to DC for my 40th birthday treat. We have already booked flights etc but I thought DC was beyond our budget with 3 children wanting to go too. Soooo excited[8D][clap][clap][8D]. Says in the blurb about being cancelled because of tropical storms - we're going in August so is this likely or does it have to be really bad? How much sunscreen do they give you (says you have to use theirs) adn how much is it to buy some more?

ShirleyD
09-01-2008, 02:48
Oooh you lucky things :D They gave us loads of sunscreen, though as is was January, we didn't use much. It is really thick, so I would imagine lasts a long time

buy some of those shoes you can swim in. They are a load cheaper in Wal Mart then DC and very useful

sammibabe
09-01-2008, 03:01
Thanks. Do you mean crocs? I was thinking about those; thought it would be useful for typhoon lagoon etc.

steph_goodrum
09-01-2008, 11:46
Crocs
will be too heavy for the water probably. The water shoes with like a mesh top are ideal. We went in August and it was too hot to walk round on the concrete without them. They're good for the beach as well so you'll soon get your money worth out of them but as they only cost a few dollars in Walmart it's not too bad.

Depending how big your children are they sometimes have them in the UK in our local Poundstore/Primark etc if your lucky you might get their sizes.

Hope you enjoy your wonderful birthday surprise and have a great day.

LesleyB
09-01-2008, 16:40
It's also worth buying some disposable waterproof cameras before you get there. They are really good value from Walmart and cost twice as much if you decide to buy them at DC. You can have the film developed in Walmart while you are there and the quality of the photos are excellent. Our kids had great fun with the cameras in and out of the water [msnsmile2]

Allan Smith
12-02-2008, 00:37
We went to DC in August it was lovely to swim with the Dolphins. It was a great day out and enjoyed by all, even swimming in the ray pool. Would defentely get some disposable waterproof cameras for the kids as they seem to catch people and animals without having all the fuss like us adults. I guess they have to worn about the tropical storms, but with August being the rainy season, you may be asked to leave the water as we did for 30/40 mins.

Enjoy:D

mizzy
12-02-2008, 01:27
that's great news Sammi, have a lovely time and enjoy every moment of your special birthday present [msnsmile2]