PDA

View Full Version : Distances from Rotonda

solanasunshine
07-01-2008, 19:42
Could anyone let me know how long approx. it takes to travel from the Rotonda area to both the Everglades and also the Florida Keys please?

Many thanks for your help.

florida4sun
07-01-2008, 19:58
Everglades would take 2.5-4.5 hours depending which part you want to see. Around 5 hours to key largo the start of the keys.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by solanasunshine
Could anyone let me know how long approx. it takes to travel from the Rotonda area to both the Everglades and also the Florida Keys please?

Many thanks for your help.[/quote]

Mo Green
07-01-2008, 20:25
You could drive from Rotonda to Key West in 8-9 hours driving but far better to stop overnight somewhere in the Miami region.

Pookie
08-01-2008, 00:26
Hi Gareth & Gill

The Everglades are about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Rotonda, if you head from I75 onto 41, the Tamiami Trail, around the Naples area.

The keys, Miami is approx 3 hours from Rotonda to the rental car return at the airport; we have done it in 2 1/2 hours, with hubby driving and a mis-read on the return flight departure time, maybe not recommended.

From Fort Myers there is a catamaran return trip to the Keys, which might be a option for you. This does depend on how long you wish to spend tn the Keys.

Hope this helps

Lynne

Ian Dee
08-01-2008, 13:02
I always find googlemaps very detailed with directions and mileages, have you tried that?

atush
18-03-2008, 15:36
The Catamaran Boat trip to KWest form Ft Myers is about 3 hours each way.

mollymolly
25-05-2008, 23:07
Where can I get details of the catamaran to Key West?

Bernadette

Pookie
26-05-2008, 00:02
We googled it, it is about $400 per person return or was a couple of years ago, sadly a tad over our budget at the time.

Lynne

Mo Green
26-05-2008, 00:17
Bernadette

I always though it was quite expensive but came up with this site while searching for trips from Miami to Key West - www.seakeywestexpress.com at $129 return from Fort Meyers to Key West.

Maureen

gulfcovefl
26-05-2008, 17:57
Everglades:
You can try Babcock Ranch as a similar experience that is near to Rotonda, maybe 45-60 minutes away. It is just south of Punta Gorda off of the Route 41.

Key West:
I have driven one time to Key West, it can be a long ride if you are going all the way. If your time is limited, I would not suggest it if you drive unless you spend a few days.
At one time or another I would like to try The Key West Express or one of the other ones that offer the same service that departs from Ft Myers. If you order the trip a week in advance, the price is as low as $89 per person for the round trip on the same day. Also try to plan on a day that the waters in the gulf are calm or no storm fronts in the area.