PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever play Mariott Grand Pines course ?

MGNJ
30-12-2007, 03:20
I see there is a $26 greens fee you can buy off e-bay.
Also is the Hawks Landing course nice ?
Thanks

chrishardy
01-01-2008, 21:51
I've played MGP twice - it's a typical inner Orlando resort course, trying to be what it's not (a British links course). It's pretty tough...Don't get me wrong, it is nice, but really expensive in season and I would much prefer to get out into the countryside for half the price.
Don't waste your time with Hawk's Landing, v.expensive. This course is squeezed into a small space surrounded by main roads. The back nine layout is a disgrace for a supposedly premium course.

I live here, let me know if you want to play at a weekend. I have to work the rest of the time!

andy_d
03-01-2008, 03:23
It depends when you are going to be playing.Grande Pines is a good course -I have played it once and enjoyed it! $26 is a very good price for now as the rates are high,but I would watch out for the smallprint on the offer.The cheapest I can see now is $57 at one of the online golf booking sites.

MGNJ
04-01-2008, 01:35
Thanks Chris. Since you know the area courses maybe you can offer a recommendation. Staying in Orlando area (close to Disney) and would like to play 27 on MON and 18 on Tuesday. I'm a low 90's golfer and enjoy playing scenic courses. Like to keep the driving to a minimum and prefer courses with greens fees %50-$75.
Thanks

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrishardy
I've played MGP twice - it's a typical inner Orlando resort course, trying to be what it's not (a British links course). It's pretty tough...Don't get me wrong, it is nice, but really expensive in season and I would much prefer to get out into the countryside for half the price.
Don't waste your time with Hawk's Landing, v.expensive. This course is squeezed into a small space surrounded by main roads. The back nine layout is a disgrace for a supposedly premium course.

I live here, let me know if you want to play at a weekend. I have to work the rest of the time!
[/quote]

chrishardy
20-01-2008, 20:38
I'd recommend the following based on price and proximity:

Hunter's Creek
St.Cloud
Ridgewood Lakes
North Shore
Legends
Southern Dunes (Pricey but awesome!)
Celebration...ditto

Castanea1985
27-01-2008, 02:31
Hi,
We played Grand Pines in July, and enjoyed it, but when our daughter and boyfriend came out in September, it wasn't in such a great condition.

Our favourite course is Diamondback...... our son got a hole in one on the 17th last summer!
Others we like::D

Celebration
Stoneybrook West
Legends (Clermont)
Errol
Ridgewood Lakes

Tracy

ccarcher
28-01-2008, 17:00
I would add Shingle Creek to that list