PDA

View Full Version : Polk County

Tushar
20-10-2003, 02:37
I had started a forum Problems in Polk County - and was looking for more info about the disputes between owner occpiers , Polk County and owners who rent out their properties. I can't seem to find the original forum - has it been deleted?
My understanding is that certain owner occuopiers in Polk County have taken legal action against Polk County to stop short term licences from being approved. This has led to costly litigation expenses for those who rent out property. Is this right? Can anyone provide more details? I have no idea whether this is true or not and would appreciate any advice.

Carla
20-10-2003, 03:04
This was in the past, a few years ago, and the rental home owners WON the case. It only affected a couple of developments and these still have both residents and short term rental homes.

If you wish to find out full details of the case then you should contact the authorities at Polk County.

huckleberry house
20-10-2003, 03:44
Hi Tushar
If you are thinking of purchasing a property or renting you shouldnt have any worries about Polk County.It is one of the most popular locations for short term rentals with beautiful communities and Villas all in easy reach of the attractions and facilities.

Lesley

phil moloney
20-10-2003, 04:00
Hi Tushar,
No need to worry! I have a home in Polk County, just renewed my licence with no problem. Lovely communites in Polk county Disney couldn't be without us. In fact if you are thinking of taking a trip you would be well advised to view he beautiful homes in the Polk County area.

chrizzy100
20-10-2003, 04:00
quote:Originally posted by Tushar

I had started a forum Problems in Polk County - and was looking for more info about the disputes between owner occpiers , Polk County and owners who rent out their properties. I can't seem to find the original forum - has it been deleted?
My understanding is that certain owner occuopiers in Polk County have taken legal action against Polk County to stop short term licences from being approved. This has led to costly litigation expenses for those who rent out property. Is this right? Can anyone provide more details? I have no idea whether this is true or not and would appreciate any advice.

We had to sign tons of papers saying we knew that our Villa was in a short term rental area........so anyone buying now have no reason to say they never knew.....:D

janny
20-10-2003, 11:52
I have had a home in Polk for 5 years and have never had any problems either with the authorities, renewing any licences,renting out my home or with the permanent residents on the community at all.In fact I had an e-mail from one resident on my estate today as we are joining together to pass on surplus bookngs.She lives there and has rental homes there .I really think you are worrying over nothing. Polk would not do any thing to harm the str market there.

marion
20-10-2003, 12:38
I have a STR vacation home in Polk county and I have never had any problems with getting my licence.
As for the permanent residents on the communitys they have no problem with having a mixture of Residential and STR as most if not all guests who stay in a STR home stay there because they wont to be part of a community.
Americans bless there harts want to be friendly and welcome visitors to there communities and country.
And polk county is no different.

I can say with confedence the only time a licence my be refused is if the home is not up to the standerds required for a STR licence so the rentall home being licenced can only reashore you that your famaly will be safe when staying in a STR home in Florida.

I hope this has put your mind at rest

Why not come on down and see us some time.
quote:Originally posted by Carla

This was in the past, a few years ago, and the rental home owners WON the case. It only affected a couple of developments and these still have both residents and short term rental homes.

If you wish to find out full details of the case then you should contact the authorities at Polk County.

hamptonlakes
20-10-2003, 16:50
I agree i found polk county excellent and also i have just got my first rental licence without any problems

Angua
21-10-2003, 00:18
Hi all.

From a renters point of view, the initial thread quite worried me but I've just checked with my Villa Owner on Ridgewood Lakes (where I believe the initial issue arose in 1999) They live on the same road as their rental villas and knew nothing of the problems, having had no difficulty in re-licensing their properties since that time as short-term rentals and no difficulties with their neighbours.

I think we're all in agreement on this one. Now't to worry 'bout.:D

Kind regards
Sarah.[8D]

Tushar
23-10-2003, 06:59
Well it's good to know that you are all in agreement "nothing to worry about". Perhaps there is some scare mongering going on. I really appreciate your replies. [8D]

Carla
23-10-2003, 14:08
quote:Originally posted by Tushar

Well it's good to know that you are all in agreement "nothing to worry about". Perhaps there is some scare mongering going on. I really appreciate your replies. [8D]

Maybe a realtor who will gain more commission if you buy in another county in Central Florida???????

Compo
12-11-2003, 00:33
Very interesting to read the posts here .... I'm considering buying a house in Polk County and I've been told that the permanent residents of Pinewood (25%) are attempting to get the estate de-zoned for short-term letting which has put me off somewhat. Anyone know anything about this ?

chrizzy100
12-11-2003, 00:40
quote:Originally posted by Compo

Very interesting to read the posts here .... I'm considering buying a house in Polk County and I've been told that the permanent residents of Pinewood (25%) are attempting to get the estate de-zoned for short-term letting which has put me off somewhat. Anyone know anything about this ?

I would of thought you'd need more than 25% of owners to get a place de-zoned....more like 75%....??
If I were you I'd go straight to the horses mouth and speak to someone at the zoning offices at Polk country.....on a subject like this with so much money invested the phone call to FL would be worth it...

Carla
12-11-2003, 02:01
quote:Originally posted by Compo

It is total rubbish. Several Pinewood owners have been in contact with their HOA who know nothing whatsoever about this. It is in the deeds for all Pinewood homes that the area is Residential and Short Term Rental.

Whoever told you this obviously doesn't want you to buy a home there, for their own reasons.