PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Of The Mummy Rumours

sunshine state
17-10-2003, 15:55
I have heard that the attraction is scheduled to open in March only for soft opening and testing. Does anyone else know anything about this?

esprit
18-10-2003, 08:18
I have heard everything from as early as January to as late as April. Its all only rumors but I found this report on the net.

"The ride itself will feature LIMs to propel the car from scene to scene, both forward and backwards it seems. All the while you will be haunted by ‘the most advanced animatronics ever engineered”. They are keeping the ride’s story under wraps for now as well as a few surprises they want to keep close to the vest until it opens. “unsuspecting guests will be swept into a terrifying underworld of ancient Egypt awash in deadly curses, powerful forces of nature and vengeful creatures intent on wreaking havoc. Adding to the terror will be the mystery of two of the ride’s scenes, which will not be made public until the attraction debuts.” One scene they are very proud of however is a room that will have a “ceiling of flame” only inches above you burning at up to 2000 degrees. They also mention that you may not experience the exact same scenic elements each time you ride. One effect that you wont miss however is a large robotic skeleton warrior who will leap onto your vehicle itself. If it is half as good as it sounds, this ride could change the way we look at coasters and dark rides.
One of our spies claims that the ride may use something called a “Suspended Particle Screen”, which allows them to project a moving image onto a virtual screen made up of small particles of dust/fog or whatever else suspended in the air. If the rumors are true, they will use this particular trick to make the Mummy’s face appear on in the sand or on a dust cloud, as seen in the Mummy films. Disneyland’s Indiana Jones ride tried this back in 1995 in their “Rat Room” with less than spectacular results, but advancements in technology (DLP) could make it convincing this time around."

sunshine state
18-10-2003, 22:09
Thanks alot esprit like you said there has been lots of rumours, but thanks for the report sounds like the ride is going to be excellent to me just cant wait till its open now.