PDA

View Full Version : It just gets worse!!!

MTP
17-10-2003, 01:36
We have just found out tonight that I have been acepted onto the New England College of Optometry programme to gain my Doctor of Optometry qualification.:D

BUT that just makes it worse!!! If they had rejected me then that would have pretty much told us it was not to be, and easily made the decision about emmigrating for us. Now the pondering goes on in earnest!!

What do we do???

Euan

Ruth
17-10-2003, 02:06
Congratulations Euan. If I were you I would go for it, but with my sums done and my eyes open.

chrizzy100
17-10-2003, 02:07
quote:Originally posted by MTP

We have just found out tonight that I have been acepted onto the New England College of Optometry programme to gain my Doctor of Optometry qualification.:D

BUT that just makes it worse!!! If they had rejected me then that would have pretty much told us it was not to be, and easily made the decision about emmigrating for us. Now the pondering goes on in earnest!!

What do we do???

Euan

Can you all come over or just you....?
I always tell people to go for it.....you'll be able to choose...thats a lot better than not being able to come over at all.....:D

blott
17-10-2003, 02:16
That's great news Euan. As has already been said, at least now you have the choice whereas before you were accepted you had none.

esprit
17-10-2003, 09:23
You have got to follow your dreams for better or for worse, otherwise you will always be wondering. To be frank, it has been harder adjusting than we thought it was going to be ( and we had been going to Florida for twelve years before moving here) but I am still glad we did it. You have only one life.....

MTP
17-10-2003, 10:33
Thanks for all of your support.

Part of the difficult thing is not really being able to tell anyone about our exciting news, we want to be certain of what we are doing before we start saying to friends and family. But it is great to have this web site in which we can share our thoughts and worries and know that everyone will be supportive and open, a lot more like what we find American people are like when we are over there.

Best wishes,

Euan & Aileen

chrizzy100
17-10-2003, 18:49
quote:Originally posted by esprit

You have got to follow your dreams for better or for worse, otherwise you will always be wondering. To be frank, it has been harder adjusting than we thought it was going to be ( and we had been going to Florida for twelve years before moving here) but I am still glad we did it. You have only one life.....

Americans are very much into their families....more so than friends.....we are lucky that the HOA here have BBQ....and parties....and also my son played ice hockey in England......so we made most of our friends at the ice rink......a friend of mine moved out to AZ after her husband lost his job here....and she finds it very lonely after having me and my daughter and my friends around.....she wanted to go back to England from her first day over here....she found keeping up with the Jones very hard work....her husbands taken on the American dream ....and wants everything....she just wants a baby....