PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest Demolished

titansfan
19-11-2007, 07:02
I had read rumors, and recently I read an article on the internet that said Disney Quest is closing this Spring forever. If I remember correctly Disney is planning on opening an ESPN Sports Zone.

We went to Disney for the first time this past summer and Disney Quest was one of our favorite attractions. I have talked to other people who also feel the same way. If this is true I feel Disney is making a huge mistake, as at least for us, this will negatively impact our decision to vacation in Disney again. I looked for an e-mail address to share our opinions but could not find one.

Has anyone else heard definitively that it is closing?[msncry]

MarkJan
19-11-2007, 11:00
It would appear you are correct in that Disney Quest will be replacved by ESPN Zone, who knows if the building will be demolished as you say or, reused. For me, it would make more sense to reuse.

We have never got around to using DQ, looks like we won't now.

WR1
19-11-2007, 18:16
noooooooo my kids love DQ how will I break the terrible news to them [msncry][msnscared]

stabard
19-11-2007, 18:42
our boys love it too so will be paying one final visit this New Year [msnsad]

CERICROWLEY
19-11-2007, 19:59
As far as I am aware

It will be a refurbishment, not a demolishen
They will be updating a couple of things, like the roller coaster ride, as the contract and maintenance of this software can no longer be done. So it probably makes since that they will update the image a bit to ESPN or something, nothing has been finalised yet.

eagleydo
22-03-2008, 17:11
Anyone have an update on this?

CERICROWLEY
22-03-2008, 23:28
Just been in there today, nothing planned, still all working as usual

roger
22-03-2008, 23:41
There was a rumour, started a couple of years ago that this would happen. Since the rumour started, Disney have been denying it. I have a feeling something along these lines did happen to another of the Disney Quest sites (maybe California?) but even that might be a rumour. Doesn't sound like it's true in terms of Florida.

titansfan
24-03-2008, 23:37
That's great news, makes our decision to go back to Disney this year instead of Universal mauch easier.[msncool]