PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Leaf Fall

esprit
16-10-2003, 08:15
Is on this Friday and Saturday nights on the hour ( 17th and 18th Oct) and again next weekend on the same days. Leaves, entertainment, Fall crafts, hayrides and pumpkin carving. There is also a huge pumpkin patch in town and loads of the houses are decorated up for Halloween. Worth a visit.

chrizzy100
16-10-2003, 18:47
quote:Originally posted by esprit

Is on this Friday and Saturday nights on the hour ( 17th and 18th Oct) and again next weekend on the same days. Leaves, entertainment, Fall crafts, hayrides and pumpkin carving. There is also a huge pumpkin patch in town and loads of the houses are decorated up for Halloween. Worth a visit.

Only people who DO NOT live in New England celebrate leave falling from trees......LOL....
Give it a few more weeks and I'll be up to my armpits in fallen leaves....it can take months to clear them away.....I vote that everyone who comes here to see the colour of the Fall trees....should bring a few black bags and help clean up.....how British rail would cope here I don't know....the trains would never run with the wrong kind of leaves on the tracks for months at a time......:D

blott
17-10-2003, 03:11
What beats me though is how Celebration manages to get them to fall on the hour only at the weekends? I think I'll send my UK trees to Florida for some training! :D

chrizzy100
17-10-2003, 03:35
quote:Originally posted by blott

What beats me though is how Celebration manages to get them to fall on the hour only at the weekends? I think I'll send my UK trees to Florida for some training! :D

Maybe I should take my trees down there for training too....hehehehehehe

esprit
17-10-2003, 08:55
Now come on, Blottie, surely you know that the leaves are made of paper and they fall with the help of a blower!!! Oops, spoiled the illusion! And knowing Celebration, there will not be one solitary leaf on the streets by the next morning, Chrizzy! The snow is real though......

chrizzy100
17-10-2003, 18:59

Now come on, Blottie, surely you know that the leaves are made of paper and they fall with the help of a blower!!! Oops, spoiled the illusion! And knowing Celebration, there will not be one solitary leaf on the streets by the next morning, Chrizzy! The snow is real though......

Maybe I should bring down a truck full of real New England leaves....LOL

I love living here when it snows....we had 6ft last year......it stays nice too....no nasty gray watery stuff after a few hours.....digging the car out can be a pain....but people share their snow blowers and things...we had 3ft of snow on the roof...and had to buy a roof clearer....you swing it up onto the roof and pull.. and the snow falls off....it was great fun.....the men all give up saying it was hard work......but I loved doing it......:D

esprit
19-10-2003, 08:10
Well an amazing number of people turned up in Celebration for tonights leaf fall - the car parks were packed so I was very glad that I could walk to town from home! A little choo choo train ( the Celebration Express) was taking people around Celebration for rides ( $2) and there were also hayrides on a cart pulled by two beautiful white shire horses which were very popular. The leaf fall ( at 6, 7, 8 and 9 pm) was to Vivaldis Four Seasons and lasted three full minutes. For the children, there was face painting and pumpkin painting and carving and there was also live entertainment with bands ( mainly country and western - yee haw!), clog dancers and street entertainers. All of the local restaurants had food and drink stalls on the streets and the shops were all giving 20% discounts on selected products. It was an amazingly busy and lively night and for the first time, I really realised that I do actually live in a tourist attraction. The whole procedure is repeated next Friday and Saturday ( 24th and 25th October).

chrizzy100
19-10-2003, 18:53

Well an amazing number of people turned up in Celebration for tonights leaf fall - the car parks were packed so I was very glad that I could walk to town from home! A little choo choo train ( the Celebration Express) was taking people around Celebration for rides ( $2) and there were also hayrides on a cart pulled by two beautiful white shire horses which were very popular. The leaf fall ( at 6, 7, 8 and 9 pm) was to Vivaldis Four Seasons and lasted three full minutes. For the children, there was face painting and pumpkin painting and carving and there was also live entertainment with bands ( mainly country and western - yee haw!), clog dancers and street entertainers. All of the local restaurants had food and drink stalls on the streets and the shops were all giving 20% discounts on selected products. It was an amazingly busy and lively night and for the first time, I really realised that I do actually live in a tourist attraction. The whole procedure is repeated next Friday and Saturday ( 24th and 25th October).

We have fall walks and Christmas walks here.....all the old houses are open for you to visit...the old shops give out free coffee and soup....we have bands playing and all the normal small town America stuff....it hit me that we live in a tourist attraction after everyone went home .....and you can park...and the beaches are free again....and you can drive all the way to town and not see another car...:)