PDA

View Full Version : End November

ali-uk
04-11-2007, 13:10
Hi
I have been looking to go for 2 weeks from the end of November, will the christmas parades and decorations be there then? what will the weather be like? and will it be busy?.
We went Septmeber last year(halloween)and it was perfect regarding the weather and no crowds at the parks.
The thought of being there for christmas is exciting, one flight i looked at was flyng back on christmas day! it was quite reasonable.
any suggestions would be welcomed[msnsmile2]

ShirleyD
04-11-2007, 13:48
The weather in the daytime is usually warm end Nov and beginning Dec, but it can be fleece weather in the evenings. 22nd Nov is Thanksgiving, so the parks may be busy that weekend. You will then have thanksgiving sales and pre Christmas sales, with all the Christmas stuff coming out from 1st December. By going just before Christmas, we found the parks were very quiet, but you get all the special parades etc

steph_goodrum
04-11-2007, 13:50
Ali
It's a great time to go for many reasons.
Thanksgiving is the second last Thursday of November and is traditionally when many people put up their holiday decorations.
The day after Thanskgiving, if you are a shopper there are some incredible bargains to be had everywhere, it can be a bit fraught from all accounts in the shops but determined shoppers will usually win out.
The parks are all geared up for Christmas but until schools finish in the US and Uk they will not be so busy.
Weatherwise it's usually fine as well, mostly dry, although it can get cold in the evenings, sometimes even a frost but that adds to the Seasonal chill facto and it's great walking round the parks in th e evenings with a steaming mug of hot cocoa in hand.

Definitely GO FOR IT!!!! Anytime of year is a good time for Florida for differing reasons and I'm sure you won't regret it.

mfairhurst
04-11-2007, 15:25
It is a time when there is no rain.
Only thing is as here in UK it is darker sooner but you seem to get out more in FLORIDA as sunny skys and warmer so all you will need is a jumper or a cardigan for night time and all places or quieter so big crowds everywere .
We have been all time and love it all times of the year so we could not say there were a bad time go [msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

ali-uk
04-11-2007, 22:38
Thanks guys,

I love the sound of walking through the parks with a hot mug of cocoa[msnwink]
Thanksgiving, i didnt give that a thought i will consider this date when i book, i have always wanted to be away christmas time but if we go and come back before christmas day we will have a fantastic holiday then come home to the festives here[msncool]
Ali

AshleyLodge
04-11-2007, 22:41
We were out the end of November beginning of December last year and there was very little rain and lots of blue skies. We did need warm layers for the evenings but generally the temperatures were great for an active holiday. ICE at Gaylords is another must see at that time of year.

As everyone else has said there are no bad times to go just different pleasures at different times

Have fun choosing

Lynne

blott
04-11-2007, 22:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ali-uk
I love the sound of walking through the parks with a hot mug of cocoa[msnwink][/quote]Not just a mug of hot chocolate but with mini marshmallows in it too if you go to MVMCP. :)

mfairhurst
04-11-2007, 23:37
OH BLOTT you are makng our mouth nwater as we buy hot chocolate from WALMART and they have marsh mellows in ,Cannot wait to go back and have our fix [msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloidavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

steph_goodrum
04-11-2007, 23:50
"Not just a mug of hot chocolate but with mini marshmallows in it too if you go to MVMCP

I have fond memories of walking round the Osborne lights a few years ago, cup in hand and fully intend to revisit the updated lights this year (I think they have been put back now I heard.

blott
05-11-2007, 02:19
Yep, pink AND white ones and they go kinda gloopy on the top of the hot chocolate... :)

carolmc
05-11-2007, 02:32
Maureen - just having a hot chocolate - from Walmart, now[msntongue].....only a few sachets left - must be nearly time to go back to Florida[msnwink]

mfairhurst
05-11-2007, 03:14
CAROL We bring a couple of packets back with us but they do not last long as you say time to go back again .
We always bring a bag of baggles from WALMART the blueberry ones and they are very good but do not last long (BIT SAD BUT THE SMALL THINGS IN LIFE ARE GOOD ) [msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

ali-uk
06-11-2007, 22:12
mmmm, marshmallows[msnwink] now your talking

We are going to see if my husband can get time off at that time of year, i hope so i am getting excited already.

steph_goodrum
07-11-2007, 00:26
We usually bring back a pack of theJet puff mini marshmallows as well so they last a bit longer. There's 12 individual packets in a box ( I forget how much they are exactly) great for snacking or hot chocolate