PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Point

Katys Grandad
31-10-2007, 15:31
I see shopping at any time as a necessary inconvenience in life and usually have better things to do on holiday but I know many other don't share my views. However, yesterday we called into the new Coconut Point centre on US 41 between Ft Myers and Naples. Even I was impressed by the place.

It's anchored by a large Dillards, has a cinema and is designed on a Mediterranean theme which makes it a very pleasant place to wander. Whether it was the time of year/day/time I'm not sure but it was far from crowded which added to the experience.

There are the usual shops you find in US centres but it has a few upscale places. I like Barnes & Noble and it has a good sized branch. There's a Apple store, Tommy Bahama and others you usually only find in the better centres.

Within easy driving of the Rotunda villas on this site and good for a day out in Naples or Sanibel/Captiva.

If you're a holiday shopper in the Gulf Coast area, get there while the £/$ rate makes things a steal!!

Pookie
31-10-2007, 16:21
My husband found this new area in August & he too was impressed by the array of shops, sadly we ran out of time so I ( a natural born shopper ) did not get to visit.
It is at the top of my list for our short visit in November so will report back on my return.

Lynne

Clare R
31-10-2007, 16:53
Great to hear of this. Generally only go south to Naples during our January visit and I don't remember seeing this being built but just realised you say it's on the 41, we scoot down the 75 so must make a point of visiting. Good to see it has a Barnes and Noble, there aren't too many of them around, I know of one in Sarasota.

Katys Grandad
31-10-2007, 17:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Clare R
Good to see it has a Barnes and Noble, there aren't too many of them around, I know of one in Sarasota.
[/quote]

There are a few down US41 including both Fort Myers and Naples. Not in such nice locations as this though,

derek birchenough
31-10-2007, 17:43
We came across it in June and were very impressed, like you say it was not crowded and had a good variety of of stores. We thought it was better than the outlet mall near Fort Myers

Mo Green
31-10-2007, 19:20
I had not realised it was being built either but like Clare we usually go straight down the 75 when we visit Naples. I see it has some of my favourite shops so will certainly pay it a visit.

Mo

mollymolly
31-10-2007, 22:53
I have just arrived home from a quick week over on Rotonda and did not realise there was a new shopping area for me to explore [msnsad]

Coconut Point is now on my list for next time. [msnwink]

We'll be spoilt for choice on the Gulf Coast [clap][clap]

Bernadette

gulfcovefl
02-11-2007, 17:21
Just FYI-

The bridges that were with tolls going South into Ft Myers from Cape Coral are now Free, however to return North to Rotonda you must pay $2 to return. Best advice is to make a round-about trip and return via I75 to go North. Long lines have been reported at the toll booths.

Kurt

Mo Green
02-11-2007, 20:14
Welcome to the Forum Kurt.

Thanks for the useful information for those of us who intend to visit Coconut Point, Estero when we are next over. I must confess I did not even know there was a toll bridge going south into Fort Myers as we normally shoot down the I75 from Rotonda.

Mo

Katys Grandad
02-11-2007, 22:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gulfcovefl
Just FYI-

The bridges that were with tolls going South into Ft Myers from Cape Coral are now Free, however to return North to Rotonda you must pay $2 to return. Best advice is to make a round-about trip and return via I75 to go North. Long lines have been reported at the toll booths.

Kurt

[/quote]

Welcome from me as well!

I think you're referring to the toll bridge from Fort Myers to Cape Coral which is now only paid in 1 direction but the toll has doubled to $2. As it's the only road to Cape Coral the only real difference of course is that the traffic should flow a bit better.

This bridge doesn't affect the trip north or south on either I75 or US41 and is only payable if you're going to or from Cape Coral. It's quite a way from Coconut Point in any case.

gulfcovefl
02-11-2007, 23:36
Thankyou for the warm welcome!

They are trying this 'on' for a year, it used to be a $1 each way.
But you have to figure a few blokes are out of a job now as they are not needed now. It's a little bit faster one way, but many are slowing down a bit going thru the unused toll booths.

From Rotonda you can take route 41. It's a nice trip now before more growth is coming. At some time in the future, the Gulf Coast will be like the East Coast- just one long city Jacksonville to Miami! But hopefully Englewood / Rotonda will retain the peacefullness since we are farther away from I75.