PDA

View Full Version : Parking Ticket

andy_d
28-10-2007, 19:05
Just a warning for anyone parking in Florida. We drove through to St Petes and popped into a mall with 2 hours free parking outside in a bay. After checking to make sure we were inside the lines off we went and well within the time frame we came back to find a parking ticket. Its a new one for me but we were charged for facing the wrong direction, an expensive $34 lesson!

Clare R
28-10-2007, 19:29
Cars are supposed to be parked 'nose in' as cars only need have license plate on the rear of the car and that has to be visible.

This is one law that is routinely ignored and I am surprised you got caught, but a salutory lesson to us all.

DiannaUK
29-10-2007, 03:43
If the bays run parallel with the pavement, then your car needs to be parked with the front towards the direction of travel. We nearly got caught out on this when we crossed over the centre of the road to park in a space on the other side of the road, but a passer-by told us about this law so we were able to change the direction of the vehicle without risking a ticket.

Dianna

thornton
29-10-2007, 10:28
The first time we went to Florida in about 1990 we were told off for parking 'the wrong way round' by the security guard on the development we were staying on near St. Petersburg. He further said that only burglars parked that way round so they could have a quick getaway[msnwink][msntongue][msnwink]

wrpac00
29-10-2007, 15:20
Its one of the lesser known driving regulations, hopefully your experience will save others from the same fate not that that helps you.[msnsad]

steph_goodrum
29-10-2007, 17:28
its one that I hadnt realised and we have probably done wrong unwittingly at some time. If the road is clear when parking, my husband automatically reverses in as he's used to driving a van and reversing out onto oncoming traffic is more dangerious as the back is more obscured. So thanks for the heads up.

MarkJan
29-10-2007, 17:44
Been there, done that. [msnembarrased] Won't get caught again.

Cruella DeVilla
29-10-2007, 17:49
Same in Germany plus you get done if you park too near a corner, our neighbour got done for both[msneek].

Don't folks get caught out by this in Celebration a lot?

djdigitald
30-10-2007, 15:55
I believe it is also a law in this country as well but not enforced that much!

gulfcovefl
02-11-2007, 21:07
Here are a couple others you should know-

1. Stop for Pedestrians in the crosswalk in shopping areas.
2. When the windshield wipers are 'on', turn the head lights 'on'.
(Even if it is daytime.)

Kurt