PDA

View Full Version : A quick question

Tom n Bex
24-10-2007, 20:33
The last time my girlfriend and I went to Orlando, my girlfriend had somehow managed to obtain 2 passports. She took one of them and we had no problems getting through immigration that time. However when we go this year she will be using her other passport that was never cancelled (don't ask me why or how :)). Is this likely to cause us major grief at immigration this time around do you think? Will they have the details of the passsport she went with previously on their computer systems?

Thanks in advance

Tom

ellie
24-10-2007, 20:44
Everything is on the computer, Tom, so I imagine they would have details of your girlfriends passport on their system, but whether it will cause any problems I do not know. But maybe safest to get it sorted before you go - perhaps just cancel the one you don't want to use to lessen the risk of problems when you get there.

If there is a possibility of any problem it is always best to get it sorted before you go, as it would be terrible if for some reason they would not let her in.

steph_goodrum
24-10-2007, 21:01
Tom
Why doesn't she just use the same passport she used before? I would double check that the one she is intending using hasn't actually been cancelled. It may be just that somebody didnt actually cut off the corner and cancel it, or she applied for a new one having told them the original was lost so there was nothing for them to cancel but the computer at the passport office may well show that it was cancelled as lost or some such thing.

It may be that she can't even get out of the country on it, so immigration may not be an issue. The only way to know for sure is to phone the Passport office or you may be able to do it online and check whether the passport is current

ShirleyD
24-10-2007, 23:01
It is not that uncommon for someone to have more than one passport. It is normally people who regularly travel to countries that can be awkward with certain stamps, such as Arab and Israeli and even Arab and American when a man is travelling alone.
When you change your passport, the number will change anyway, so it should not be a problem. As Steph says, do check there is not a cancellation stamp or a corner missing. It also must be a machine readable passport, that is one with two rows of letters and numbers at the bottom of the photo page. You rarely have your passport checked on exiting the UK anyway.

Nina A
25-10-2007, 17:08
The passport office does make mistakes. When we got passports for the children they managed to swap the photos. The photos were clearly of a boy and a girl and they don't have confusing names, so this was a real blunder. I would definitely check before travelling.