PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

fiona
07-03-2002, 23:10
If you are visiting over the Christmas party do pay extra for these events. They usually start at 7.00pm and the park stays open until midnight. There is free chocolate and cookies, family photos and all the characters dressed up in Christmas costumes.

It's great fun for the family, even more so if you join in and go dressed up.

There are also Halloween and Easter Parties, we've been to the Halloween one, which as it's Disney you can safely take your young children to without any fear of them being frightened. Just watch out for the long queues at the Haunted Mansion! There are trick or treat spots and free photos again. Also join in and dress up - the costumes the locals wear are fabulous - and all the characters look pretty good too.

Highly recommended and a fun evening for all the family.

Fiona

imported_n/a
08-03-2002, 01:59
Fiona we are going at Easter, do you have to book in advance for these or do they just happen on specific nights?

fiona
08-03-2002, 03:01
You do have to book in advance, tickets are about $30/33 each from memory. I'll try and find the webpage I was able to book through and post it.

You can have the tickets sent to the UK (ours didn't arrive in spite of booking over 4 weeks in advance) or you can collect at the gate.

Popular nights get booked out very quickly.

Fiona

fiona
08-03-2002, 03:27
Found the website and apologies as I have misled you. There is no Easter Party (someone told me there was one), just the Christmas and Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party.

website is:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/reservations/tickets/ticketrootindex?id=RITicketRoot#

Fiona

tinkerbell
27-03-2002, 20:47
Bit premature I know, but I went to the halloween party, it was a great night out, me and my two younger brothers all dressed up, and the best thing is (for UK visitors!), you can dress in anything you like! I dressed as Dorothy Gale from the Wizard of Oz, and my borhters dressed as the cowardly lion and superman! It doesnt have to be all scary and spooky as it would be if it was in the UK! Great night for kids, lkots of free candy! Dont miss the free hot chocolate in tomorrowland either - yum!

jewell
02-04-2002, 21:24
For us Halloween is a brilliant time at Disney, even better than Christmas for us !!

If you're there for Halloween, visit Wal-mart, or the like, and pick up a fancy dress costume for the kids, the choice is endless, rails of them. And if you like a bargain, wait until the day before Halloween, they were selling all the outfits off for less than half price when we went!

At Disney everyone enters into the 'spirit' of the evening, if you'll excuse the pun !! And the kids aren't scared, it's just a real fun evening, with lots of free sweets and badges for them to collect.

Steve and Sandra