PDA

View Full Version : When to visit near the end of the year

paulb
18-10-2007, 20:09
Could you please offer your advice, we normally visit Florida around the March / April time of year. Next year however, we are looking to go for, or after 30th September. We are free to go anytime between mid September and early November, will there be much difference in the weather in these months? If so when should we go to get the best weather?

Thanks.

berni_richards
18-10-2007, 20:16
we like to go sept but it is personal preference. AFter the schools go back the place is still warm and there will be less queues in parks if that is what you want to do next year.

MarkJan
18-10-2007, 20:18
October is great. Any time the kids are at school for me though. [msnwink]

Milly
18-10-2007, 20:34
Hi

I really like October. Flying out on Saturday can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have 2 kids so we have to go in the holidays but anytime in October is nice.

Dianne

dbrook
18-10-2007, 20:49
I love October for the weather - normally mid 80s and very little rain. However, September will probably be quieter for the parks with the kids being back at school.

Any time during this timespan would be a good time!:D

ShirleyD
18-10-2007, 21:05
Beginning of October, that way you avoid school holiday and still have fab weather

mfairhurst
19-10-2007, 02:49
We go out in September and it is hot and can be humid but if you drink plenty of water when you are out and about you should be ok .
Later in September it is quieter than early in the month as all the children are of school but if you go to the parks they can cope as AMERICA can organise things more .
Enjoy your holiday when ever you go
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

MrCake
20-10-2007, 22:21
i can't get any reliable advice i shall be in orlando over thanksgiving can someone please give me some advice thank you

bargainqueen
20-10-2007, 23:02
What sort of advice are you looking for?

As you have posted in the Weather section I'll tell you that it's normally fine this time of year.

The parks can be busy as it's holiday season, some restaurants close down on Thanksgiving Day so that the staff can spend time with their families.

brizzle
21-10-2007, 12:11
The sales that kick in on the day of Thanksgiving are awesome, if you are going to do some shopping (yeah, as if shopping *isn't* on every Florida visitors agenda) it might be worth waiting until Thanksgiving onwards.
Lots and lots of bargains to be had but also a lot of people looking for them so get there early.

We found when we were there for Thanksgiving that some stores started the evening before the actual day which gives you a head start :)

As for the original poster,mid-to-late October would be my suggestion because of all the Halloween festivities.

carolmc
21-10-2007, 13:11
We usually go late October - weather is usually perfect.

bargainqueen
21-10-2007, 21:18
We fly home on the Saturday after Thanksgiving but this year we are hiring two cars as our nephew is joining us for our final week. Finally I will be able to go the stores for an early opening (normally I have to drop Hubbie off at golf first and I doubt even he wouldn't like to be dropped off that early)

Thanks for the tip about the night before, will have a look and see what's on offer. Although knowing me there might not be room in the cases for anything more:D