PDA

View Full Version : Weather in December

Tom n Bex
18-10-2007, 00:11
Hi all, first post....:)

Me and my girlfriend are going over for 2 weeks from the 30th November can anyone give an idea of the sort of weather to expect?

Thanks

Tom

Fourdents
18-10-2007, 00:29
Nov. / Dec. the time of year I like. Not too hot yet able to go out in short sleeves and shorts.

The evenings can be a bit cooler but a lightweight jumper is fine for me.[msnsmile]

AshleyLodge
18-10-2007, 01:10
Most of the time it should be great - ideal for an active holiday visiting everywhere, however, it is possible to have a cold front going through and it will then be cooler for a couple of days, particularly in the evenings. We wer out the same time last year and had a great time but did need warmer clothes for 3 days. There is much less rain at that time of the year, which is another bonus.

Have fun

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Lynne

Robert5988
18-10-2007, 05:27
The highest temperature during the day(normally mid-afternoon) is on average 72F the lowest at night(average) is 53F

However the hottest December day reached 90F and the coldest night was 20F

As it tends to be very sunny, high 60's/low 70s is really nice during the day; but most will want a sweater in the evenings - and sometimes(not often) a thick coat!

Frosty
18-10-2007, 06:57
You really can't predict it.

One year i was in Disney all day at christmas in just T shirt and shorts and its was just right, then the next year it was freezing.
So much so that in Epcot no one went round the lake at night until the fireworks actuallt started going off.
It was weird seeing loads of people just dossing down in shops everywhere until the fireworks started, trying to keep warm.

The true answer is, it could be anything, really hot or freezing (tracky bottoms & sweat top).

Tom n Bex
18-10-2007, 12:36
I guess I shall take a mixed bag to be onthe safe side :) Thanks for all the replies.

Team Thomson
26-11-2007, 00:14
Thinking of going in last week of Nov first week in Dec been looking at the weather forecast and it said that this year it was between 23c and 27c so it will be cooler for the wee fella. Has anyone been that time of year?

Lynnes
26-11-2007, 00:40
We are here at the moment and it is 79 degrees today. Does get cooler in the evening but not what I would call cold.

LiesaAnna
26-11-2007, 01:41
we have done 1st-16th december twice and altho not boiling hot, its still been fab, just a light jacket for the evening still warm tho
you'll have a fab time!!

dunkderby
26-11-2007, 01:44
This is the best time to go, just after thanksgiving and before the christmas crowds. The parks aren't very busy but you get to see all the christmas decorations and shows etc. We have been at this time of year several times, one holiday we had 2 weeks of sunshine and no rain, another time we had a few cool days and 1 day of showers.

Colleen

Genie
26-11-2007, 07:43
It has been absoluetely beautiful here today, had a wander round Celebration this evening and didn't even need a fleece on. It's lovely to see all the decorated houses on the communities at this time of year too !!

Pookie
26-11-2007, 15:31
We are here Rotonda West & yesterday it was 83 degrees just blissful & the forecast is looking good for the rest of the week. I have been in shorts & t-shirt, had long sleeves on saturday & was too hot.

Lynne

Mo Green
26-11-2007, 16:38
Sounds perfect Lynne. You certainly never need a coat on the Gulf Coast even in the evenings. Many times in December we are still sitting around the pool in short sleeves late evenings.

pieman790
26-11-2007, 17:32
We went to Tampa yesterday to see the American Football game and it was 85f. In fact it was too hot in the stadium in the sun-shine.

Pookie
26-11-2007, 20:36
Mo it is perfect weather, to quote my neighbour, it is exquisite.
I think the jumper I brought with me will remain in the closet, until our flight back.

Lynne

Mo Green
26-11-2007, 20:47
You will definitely need it when you get back. It's cold, grey, damp and I have had to have the lights on all afternoon[V]

chrizzy100
27-11-2007, 01:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
You really can't predict it.

One year i was in Disney all day at christmas in just T shirt and shorts and its was just right, then the next year it was freezing.
So much so that in Epcot no one went round the lake at night until the fireworks actuallt started going off.
It was weird seeing loads of people just dossing down in shops everywhere until the fireworks started, trying to keep warm.

The true answer is, it could be anything, really hot or freezing (tracky bottoms & sweat top).
[/quote]

I remember being in Disney one or two years when it was really cold at Christmas....year before last I think... we were there and it was warmer back in MA....but for the most part...I find it does not get that cold until Jan Feb time...and then its not for long...a day or so...I love FL in the winter....

Team Thomson
27-11-2007, 02:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
We went to Tampa yesterday to see the American Football game and it was 85f. In fact it was too hot in the stadium in the sun-shine.
[/quote]

I think our mind is set for next Winter too. Some good bargains about too. We were there in September and it rained every day except our wedding day on the 13th!!
We went to Tampa for the American football too and were drenched to the skin. We ended up going home and leaving our wet behinds imprinted in the car seats we were so soaked. Didnt dampen the day though. The crowd were fantastic, will definatley go back. I have hopefully attached a few pics from the footie in September. These were taken in between downpoars!!! November sounds like a good bet.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/team thomson/200711262257_tampa1.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/team thomson/200711262261_tampa2.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/team thomson/2007112622621_tampa3.jpg

linsan
27-11-2007, 03:27
We went last december to florida. The weather was dry and sunny and we wore t-shirts and shorts most of the time. It did get chilly at night and we just added sweaters or cardigans. We enjoyed the lack of crowds at the parks so much so that we too are going out on 1st Dec again.

bargainqueen
27-11-2007, 16:40
The first I managed to get my husband to go to Florida we went last 2 weeks in January and it was cold. I'd taken all the wrong clothes so we had to book a trip to Belz Mall to stock up on warmer ones.

We went back the following year for the first 2 weeks, packed same clothes but I was still able to wear shorts when watching the parades at 12pm.

Years later we went back for the same 2 weeks and the windscreen iced up overnight. I was walking round Disney wearing the very fashionable mickey mouse knitted hat and gloves.

Best advice is to wear thin layers of clothes, the mornings will be cool but once the sun is out it will quickly warm up.

Also if the sky starts getting really black head for a sheltered area, I got caught out in Epcot and tried sheltering under the monorail. I was drenched through and had to buy a sweatshirt. Always a good idea to have a change of clothes in car boot plus a towel for emergencies.

Last week we were in Seaworld, husband and nephew went on Kraken and then Atlantis. They were in front row, the first water shute was fine but they got drenched on the little one further round. We had nothing with us so we went home.

becbecs
27-11-2007, 22:32
We arrived last Dec 16th for the Xmas period to 80degrees most days.

Shorts and T-shirts Sunglasses etc. But does get cold at night time and Pool Heat is a must.

Hope its great for you, have a great trip.

Nikki D
28-11-2007, 10:40
Would love to try to get there this time of year. The parks must be so much easier at this time of year rather than august where your sweating before you get to the car. Hope you have lots of fun you will love it.

ali-uk
18-02-2008, 00:48
Were gloing last week Nov 1st Week Dec 2009[clap][clap]
We have been September time and i found the heat draining, but loved the quiteness of the parks so next years holiday should be great i can hardly wait[msnwink]

MrCake
17-04-2008, 22:55
thank you very good information[clap]except coming home[V]