PDA

View Full Version : ponderosa mmmmmm love it!

mumsey
12-10-2003, 23:02
just gotta say that we are in love with the Ponderosa on the 192 near the Las Vagas resturant. we go there every morning for late breakfast as the choice is mouth watering!!!!! and the kids eat free which is a great help as all they seem to do is fill their bowls with cornflakes! you even get a 10% discount ticket for the next day at the end of the meal.

we were really impressed when are drinks were refilled even before we had finished them. why can't it be like that in the UK????

i must say that we did try a few Ponderosa's, but that one was the best.

does anyone else rate it as highly as we do?

roll on november we are coming over for 41 nights hope they have got plenty of food, we starve ourselves for a week before we go!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just the thought of it!!!!!!!![:p]

dbrook
12-10-2003, 23:24
Hi Mumsey,

We love the breakfasts in Orlando!

Have you tried Golden Coral on the 192. That's our favourite. They make omelettes to order and fresh baking every 15 minutes. Delicious:D

chrisj
13-10-2003, 00:24
We liked the Pondarossa on the 192 near Walmart, We had breccie all over but the kids
loved Denny's so much. Next year as we are going to try and do others things rather
than the theme parks, We will more than likely have breccie at the Villa as we wont
be rushing arounf so much,

But we will have to go to Pondarossa again

mumsey
13-10-2003, 12:55
we didn't like golden coral, we tried a couple the first one really smelt horrible and our feet stuck to the carpet! a bit more expensive than the ponderosa, didn't like the long queue at the omlette counter, and far too many cakes and gateaux's for breakfast. i suppose each to there own, but i really thought the service in the ponderosa was the best. but then you had to chose the right ponderosa, one we tried further up on the 192 and it was horrible, obviously like the british though with uk football scarves everywhere. we still think the ponderosa opposite the thing that chucks you up in the air the best. i suppose you could go on that if you didn't enjoy your meal, then at least you could share it with everyone!!!! catch my drift ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D

chrisj
13-10-2003, 15:19
We never used that Pondarossa, we used Western Sizzlers sort of next door which we thought
was the best

We watched that thing one night and woohoo I'm going on that next year

mumsey
13-10-2003, 22:27
i watched these 2 kids aged around 10ish go up, and you can watch their faces on a tv screen, it made me laugh myself silly, their faces were a picture, but they have more guts than me because i would never go on that thing, i am too much of a wimp!!!

i felt sick for them, and we had just eaten a lovely meal of steak and shrimp at the ponderosa. i really could eat every meal there, it is such a bargain.:)

mikewj
14-10-2003, 01:31
Do they still give you a mountain of Ponderosa Mints after every meal ?

We used get so many that we'd end up taking some home with us.....and that was just after breakfast !

Tracy
14-10-2003, 01:35
Humm, we have tried a few of the Ponderosa's for both Breakfast and lunch (on different days of course !) We will have to give this one a try when we are over in December.

It is good for lunch on the day you fly home - good price for all you can eat ready or a Very long flight home - they do really good mash potato and with three children ages 3, 6 and 12 we can satisfy all appetites !

chrisj
14-10-2003, 01:53
you only get a few mints now

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2003, 02:26
Got to admit we did not like Ponderosa at all when we tried it - went to the one opposite Old Town and found the food bad quality, the coffee very watery and the staff indifferent. The breakfast was $3.99 but by the time you add on the extras (coffee as extra if I remember) it came to the same price as most other breakfast places if not a little bit more than some.

Just our opinion - I know a lot of other people love it :). Might be something to do with us all being veggies as we found it hard to tell what had meat in it and what did not :(.

fiona
14-10-2003, 03:26
Well we had absolutely the worst meal we have ever had in Florida at the one on the 192 along from Indian Ridge (where we were staying at the time).

We have never been back or tried another one. Dennys breakfasts - excellent, and Perkins toasties - wonderful. Now I am not meant to eat bread (only rye) it is a treat I now have to forgo.

chrisj
14-10-2003, 03:28
The Pondarossa we like was the one by Wal mart on the 192, we did try 3 but for a chain
they seemed so different, the worse one we found was on the 535, it seem very dirty inside.

But one thing we like to do is try different places all the time.

Were meaties I spose, but one thing I do love is a huge salad

Chris

mumsey
14-10-2003, 13:03
i always get tons of mints, maybe there are telling us something! i still have some in my handbag from our visit in april/may this year. We also got loads of wet wipes that we used to take to the parks as the kids somehow seem to attract dirt!

are waiter's name was Carlo, and we got him most days, he somehow knew what we wanted and always brought it over before we had to ask, maybe we were spending too much time in there!

we also had a lovely lady called Jean she formally came from the UK but settled in Florida, lucky lady, but she has been there years. shame she has to work but i think by what she was saying that she liked meeting all the British families, and she said that it reminded her of home!

maybe i should ask her if we could swap shoes and she could come back here and we could take her place!

can't wait until 28th november when i'll be back there with 3 kids and no husband for 6 days until he comes out. i don't know whos got the short straw! he goes after 10 days leaving me and the kids until christmas day when my sister her kids and my hubby returns but then we all fly home on the 8th january. i think i got the best flight though they are going on Delta via Gateway and me and the kids are going direct on BA. ohhhhhh so excited!!!!!!!!

lisi
15-10-2003, 14:00
Once the queue was long at Ponderosa so we went along to Black Angus - nobody there and we thought the breakfast better than Ponderosa. Just a thought

Lisi

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-10-2003, 14:20
When we are looking for a HUGE breakfast in Florida we always go to IHOP. The one on the 192 by Thacker Ave east of the big Wal-Mart is the best one.

Portions are HUGE, prices very good - their slogan is "Arrive hungry, leave happy" and they certainly deliver on this every time :D:D

lisi
15-10-2003, 14:29
Well John - thats OK if you can eat HUGE portions! I am a small eater but even found the seniors meals HUGE too! I just gave up in the end and had to leave half my meal. At least with a buffet you can just help yourself to whatever you want and with kids it must be a godsend for them to choose their own meals.

On another topic we absolutely loved The Cheesecake Factory and I think that was one of your recommendations. I took several printouts from these forums with me and they were enormously helpful

Lisi

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-10-2003, 14:44
Lisi

We tend to ask for extra plates and share the meals between us. Also it's great for filling up on food prior to going to the parks as you don't have to eat much for the rest of the day :D.

The Cheesecake Factory is my absolute favourite - great food, great atmosphere - just perfect. Nice to get US cooking which really does taste of something too :D. Glad you enjoyed it!

shepaul
19-10-2003, 21:49
Hi,
Keep hearing about the Cheesecake Factory. Could you tell us where it is, as we would like to try it on our next visit.
Paul & Sheila

TonyBlenk
19-10-2003, 22:02
Hi there.
The Cheesecake Factory is at the Mall of Millenia.
They serve nice meals in addition to cheesecakes, but it's unlikely you'd finish both! You might have to take advantage of a doggy bag.
There's loads of different types of cheesecake, but the majority are VERY rich - make sure you go when you're hungry.
They also do take away (to go!)
Tony.

metalguru
20-10-2003, 01:40
Is there only one Cheesecake factory in Orlando? And if it is the Millenia Mall one how far is it from Lake Buena Vista?
Went to one in Vegas last year it was orgasmic!!!!!!!!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-10-2003, 01:55
There is also a Cheesecake Factory in North Orlando - Winter Park (I think).

The Mall at Millennia is up the I4 from LBV - a couple of exits after the Universal Studios exit - probably about a 25 minute drive from LBV. It's on the ground floor in the middle of the mall.

It's got the biggest menu I've ever seen in a restaurant - more like a book than a menu - literally :D

Malcolm
24-02-2004, 21:15
I haven't been to the Cheesecake Factory - yet, but I've seen the menu! It looks very impressive.

In the summer when we're shopping at Winter Park, I'll try to drag the wife to the Cheesecake factory at the Winter Park Mall. She won't take a lot of dragging, though;);)

Ray&Sarah
24-02-2004, 22:08
We went to the Cheesecake Factory in Ceasars Palace in Las Vegas, we only had a cheesecake and coffee and really couldn't have managed anything else. There were so many cheesecakes to choose from, it was a really difficult choice but they were delicious![msntongue]

Newhomebuyer
27-02-2004, 21:25
The cheesecake factory are in Disney quest too.