PDA

View Full Version : Dolly Parton Dixieland Stampede

lisi
12-10-2003, 21:35
Because I had a bag snatch - it somewhat curtailed the last part of our holiday and we had planned to go to the Dolly Parton Dixieland Stampede night. The ticket operator tried to put us off because there was no alcohol served (this did not worry us at all) but I wondered if anyone had been and what it was like. We went to the Arabian Nights which was OK I suppose but would like to know about the other theme nights i.e. Mediaeval etc. Anyone any preferences or dislikes?
Lisi

Tashmina
12-10-2003, 22:19
Hi Lisi

We've been looking at going to Dolly's but we didn't realise is was a 'dry' house. Not that we're boozers, but a nice cool beer goes down well with steak and ribs!:D

We've been to a few Mediaeval banquets here at home (Warwick Castle is excellent) and there were loads of Americans there, so could we find the same type of thing in Florida?

Cheers

Tash x

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-10-2003, 23:22
Tash

I think Medieval Times might fit the bill there ;).

blott
13-10-2003, 02:52
We went to Sleuths and it was hilarious! The food was quite good (but don't have the pasta!) http://www.sleuths.com

Theresa
13-10-2003, 03:05
I would recommend Dixieland - didn't miss the alcohol but then I don't drink anyway - they served plenty of pepsi. Entertainment good and food was great. Did Arabian Knights the week before and didn't think much of that. There was more crowd participation at Dixieland.

lisi
14-10-2003, 00:23
Thanks for the replies. I will try Dolly Parton next year. I agree - thought Arabian Nights was overrated.

Blott - how do I get a picture under my name? Am a bit thick with anything too complicated!!

Lisi

blott
14-10-2003, 02:44
Easy Lisi. Go to your profile (there's a link to profile at the top of each page) and find Add Picture or Add Avatar. You then need the exact path to the pic so it needs to be on the internet somewhere. Or, to make it easier, if you find out the location on the internet, just right click the 'address' at the top of your browser and choose copy. Then just paste the address into your profile. You can preview an avatar to see whether you've got it right.

If you want some animated things to choose from, try http://www.animationlibrary.com where you'll probably spend a long time as they have thousands!

lisi
14-10-2003, 23:58
Well Blott - I am trying but nothing seems to be happening! Trust me - will keep on trying
Lisi

lisi
15-10-2003, 00:10
No - nothing. My profile doesn't give me add picture - just picture - I copied the file path into the box but no luck. What a wally Blott
Lisi

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-10-2003, 00:15
Send the image you want to use to me lisi and I will sort it out for you.

wrpac00
15-10-2003, 02:41
Blott,

I have just tried following your instructions, does my picture now show???

wrpac00
15-10-2003, 02:46
Blott,

I went to the animation Library, found a picture, copied the url and pasted into my profile (picture & avatar). No picture - what am I doing wrong????????????????

blott
15-10-2003, 02:50
Lisi, best thing is to send the URL to John who's very kindly offered to do it for you.

lisi
15-10-2003, 14:16
There you are then Blott. I know have a swimming dolphin - great - am very pleased with John for that. Oh to be computer literate - I only use the things but don't know how to access the finer points!! Thanks for your help
Lisi

blott
15-10-2003, 16:14
Looks good Lisi. :D

Wrpac00, perhaps if you asked John ever so nicely? ;) He's a whizz at these things... [8D]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-10-2003, 16:31
Animation Library have some clever trickery on their site which means that you cannot link directly to images on their site. You have to save the image to another website and link to there. If you want me to do this for you, send me the link to the image on their site and I'll sort it out for you :).

quote:Originally posted by wrpac00

Blott,

I went to the animation Library, found a picture, copied the url and pasted into my profile (picture & avatar). No picture - what am I doing wrong????????????????

lisi
15-10-2003, 16:49
John - I am asking every so nicely but what is Wrpac00? and can youdo this for me? Blott asked me to ask you :D

Lisi