PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where to get a driver?

Shirlsco
10-10-2007, 20:58
I need help with finding a driver. My family and I are going to Orlando for a holiday and my husband was going to be the driver. Sadly he passed away recently and I have hired a car and need a driver for an SUV. Does any one know where I can get a very reliable, trustworthy driver who will be able to drive an SUV. Preferably over 25. Any help with this greatly appreciated. Traveling in the next two weeks.

ellie
10-10-2007, 22:29
I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your husband. I am sure that somoene will have an idea of how to help you.

Cruella DeVilla
10-10-2007, 23:57
Me too and I hope you find a solution at this difficult time[msnsmile]

steph_goodrum
11-10-2007, 02:36
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and hopefully if we all put our heads together can come up with a solution to your dilemma. One thought did cross my mind, I dont know where you hired the car from but it may be an easier solution if possible to cancel the car and hire a driver and car together. There are a couple of taxi firm who will charge a set rate for the week and allocate a car and driver for you.

The problem with the current scenario is I suspect you will find it difficult to find someone who is licensed and insured to drive a car you've hired.

I'll see if I can find some numbers, where abouts are you staying? Then it may be possible to get a rough quote. It may be possible, I'm only guessing here, that if you do have to cancel the car and cant get a refund that your travel insurance may pay but dont know if they would insist the whole holiday is cancelled, but I can see that they would prefer you did that to going and them not having to pay the whole claim.

Shirlsco
11-10-2007, 18:52
Can I say thank you to everyone who has answered me. I think I can still cancel the vehicle at the moment. I have tried family and friends first but they had prior commitments. I have written to limousine companies but have not had any response. I did offer to take driver and vehicle. If any one can suggest a company that could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Shirlsco
12-10-2007, 01:46
Thank you very much for your help every one I have hopefully this evening managed to find vehicle and driver. Can I just say that everyone has been really helpful. Can I thank the car hire company for their kind help and very quick response. I would definitely recommend them. It is nice when you meet people that do care. Next time I go to Orlando I will make sure that I have a driver and that might be me if I can build up the confidence and if not another driver and I will definitely use this company to hire the car from. Without a doubt they have been really helpful. THANK YOU EVERY ONE there really are some nice people out there.

Sally D
12-10-2007, 02:43
So pleased to read that you now have things sorted out[clap]

Have a nice time[msnsmile2]

wendyd
12-10-2007, 22:26
So glad you got sorted hope you and your family have a nice holiday.
Wendy

ellie
13-10-2007, 01:51
It's good to read that you have found a solution. Hope everything else goes well for you now.

orlandodaze
13-10-2007, 02:24
Shirley I was sorry to hear about your sad loss, I am glad you got the driver sorted out . After the hard time you have just had you need to get away to Florida and relax ,I sincerely hope everything turns out well for you and the trip will help in some way for you and your family to cope with your bereavement. We will all be thinking of you.[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]