PDA

View Full Version : Which Convertible?

Florida Joy
09-10-2007, 20:55
We are planning next year's trip in May and would like a convertibla but are unsure which car each of the rental companies have. Alamo are the cheapest but their site shows either a PT cruiser[msncry]or a Sebring and Dollar show Sebrings. Budget show Mustangs but we had a bad experience with Budget the last time we tried to rent a Mustang and don't want to go with them if possible.
Our prefered car would be a Mustang and are sure we saw some in the Dollar lot at Tampa earlier this year.
What's the best bet to get a Mustang convertible?

wrpac00
10-10-2007, 00:02
Dollar certainly do have Mustangs, we had one this summer. We just asked at the desk whether they had any and they gave us one.

nreece
10-10-2007, 10:14
I've had a Mustang with Dollar once, and Sebrings all the other times (about 30!), but if you ask they will apparantly upgrade you

msmiff
10-10-2007, 20:10
Had a Mustang for the first time in June - have always had Sebrings previously.
Found Mustang V6 very crude, noisy & uncomfortable relative to the Sebring. Wouldn't go down that route again....

chrizzy100
10-10-2007, 20:26
Sebring everytime....

wrpac00
11-10-2007, 02:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by msmiff
Had a Mustang for the first time in June - have always had Sebrings previously.
Found Mustang V6 very crude, noisy & uncomfortable relative to the Sebring. Wouldn't go down that route again....
[/quote]

Can't agree I am afraid.

Had Sebrings the last 3 years but had a Mustang V6 3.5Ltr this year. If your talking about being comfortable for more than 2 people then I would agree, for 2 people it was much better. The Mustang had tons more power, didn't find it any more noisy than the Sebring. The only down side to it was it drunk petrol for fun (or it did the way I drove it).

I would have a Mustang every time, its far classier than the Sebring.