PDA

View Full Version : Alamo 4X4 SUV Hire

Floydhound
09-10-2007, 01:00
Hi all,im looking to hire a 4x4 suv with alamo through this site on a v good price ,has anyone else done this and what vehicle did they get?Thanks in advance

Carla
09-10-2007, 01:06
I've booked an Alamo 4x4 SUV for a week in early December for £141 all inclusive. I thought that that was an excellent rate.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Don't really care what I get as long as it's a high off the road 4 x 4 with a large trunk.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Alamo, through this site, were £40 cheaper than the other two companies.[clap]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-10-2007, 01:17
We had a Toyota Highlander when we used them in August. Lovely car with plenty of space for us all.

berrysmiles
09-10-2007, 02:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
We had a Toyota Highlander when we used them in August. Lovely car with plenty of space for us all.
[/quote]

That's what we had in June/July - just perfect for 2 adults, 2 kids and a large teenager

Judy

Carla
09-10-2007, 03:54
That'll suit Kevin and myself very well.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

ellie
09-10-2007, 04:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
Don't really care what I get as long as it's a high off the road ... with a large trunk.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

[/quote]

Guess you could have hired an elephant instead, Carla![msnwink]

dlavety
09-10-2007, 05:23
It is a very good price!
I think you will probably get a Toyota Highlander. I booked with Alamo in July, a Standard 4x4 SUV. At the airport I had a choice of one Chevy Blazer (just what I wanted) or any of Six Toyota Highlanders which are smaller (and last years model)!
The Highlander model is described as a SUV crossover, good for a party of 4 adults with luggage and is excellent value at £141 /week. The Highlander has been reported to be a safe car in its class and I think some drivers from the UK will find the Highlander easier to drive because it’s not so big.
Regarding the difference in price, my experience with Dollar and Budget, when I have reserved an “SUV” and expect to get their standard “Jeep Cherokee” sometimes I have been given a larger Jeep Commander or Dodge Durango – unfortunately not every time!

KevinT
09-10-2007, 06:02
Hi Gary,

We're in Florida at the moment and hired an SUV through USCarhire (Roger) via this site.

Arriving last Saturday afternoon at Sanford I presented the email document to the clerk at the Alamo counter, and after politely but firmly declining his offer of extra roadside assistance and signing the forms I was out within a couple of minutes. The guy in the parking lot waved me towards a section noted SUVs and said "take your pick !"

I could only see three vehicles, a couple of Jeeps and a Kia something so I wandered back to him and asked "Is that it for the SUVs" He motioned me towards the perimeter fence and said "There's those over there if you prefer!!"

About two dozen , mostly Toyota Highlanders loomed, in white, silver, metallic red, gold etc.all with the keys in the door and I spent a happy ten minutes or so selecting a 13,000 mile gold colour Highlander. Having driven it for two days now, it's a roomy , quiet , quick and willing motor and I'm very satisfied .

Usually go for Dollar , but the deal was great on the Alamo SUVs. Perhaps the Dollar cars are a little newer and better valeted, but the Alamo car is more than adequate and will do the job nicely.

Can certainly recommend the Highlander.

[msnsmile2]

Floydhound
09-10-2007, 22:05
Hi,thanks for the replies,would i be able to pick up a highlander at Orlando International Airport do you think?Is it big enough for 2 adults and 3 children 11,12, and 15?

MarkJan
09-10-2007, 23:18
We've booked a 4x4 with Alamo with USCarhire for late November. Reading this thread it looks like we will be pleased. We also normally book Dollar but were pleased with the rates from Alamo.

dlavety
10-10-2007, 02:00
Hi Gary,

I arrived at Orlando International and that's where there were plenty Highlanders.
I'm sure you'd find it big enough for your family and luggage - at least from the airport...depends on how much more you (or your 3 kids) take home!!

Southsider
10-10-2007, 02:49
We had a Jeep from Alamo in Aug, we only had a choice of two vehicles tho. I think the Dollar cars are newer than Alamo but it did the job and we did not have any problems.

Tricia