PDA

View Full Version : Car hire now available for US & Canadian customers

roger
08-10-2007, 22:47
We can now offer car hire for US and Canadian customers / license holders.

This is only availabe with Budget (at the moment - we're still working on the others).

Payment is still in UK Pounds Sterling which will be converted to US Dollars automatically by the card company when payment is processed.

US and Canadian license holders just order in the usual way at www.uscarhire.co.uk but MUST select the Budget option once they have their quote.

orchidvilla
17-10-2007, 18:40
Hi Roger.... Alamo are still on the hard sell pressure upgrade and take out the brakedown cover also saying if you take out Gold cover you are NOT coverd for tow if you have an accident even if you have CDW on your policy..the extra brakedown list is growing...

Malcolm

chrizzy100
17-10-2007, 18:44
We nolonger go to the desk at Alamo but do self checkin...we have full cover both with our own US Ins for hirecars...and with our American Express..but still the list of 'extra' covers we need grows...

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-10-2007, 19:05
Just a polite request to keep the thread on topic. If you have other things to discuss, why not start a new thread?

shenon
05-11-2007, 12:18
Roger i have a guest from Canada wanting to book a car next February, so does she do it in the normal way,then choose the Budget option....does she then have to mention anywhere that she is a US citizen.....sorry to seem a little dim but want to get it clear before i give her the information:)
Thanks in advance

roger
05-11-2007, 16:54
I confirm we can now also take Canadian bookings. They just book in the usual way, selecting Budget as the supplier. They don't need to specifically mention they are from Canada as we ask for their address as part of the booking process anyhow.

shenon
05-11-2007, 17:59
Thanks Roger:)

Murial
08-02-2008, 05:19
I have guests from South America, can they also purchase park tickets and car hire in the same way
Thanks
Murial

roger
08-02-2008, 05:55
Yes, no problem.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Murial
I have guests from South America, can they also purchase park tickets and car hire in the same way
Thanks
Murial
[/quote]

wiggs1034
25-02-2008, 10:11
As a UK citizen (and license holder) living in Canada (also holding a Canadian drving licence)am I restricted to Budget? I like the idea of avoinding the queues with Dollar Express? Is that possible - or do Budget do something similar?

Thanks

KarenScott
25-02-2008, 12:01
I had an Alaskan guest who is Bristish with a British driving licence book through the car hire site above with no problems and told me that he thought they were really competitive compared to the sites he had been looking at.

roger
25-02-2008, 17:58
Yes, thats fine, if you have a non North American license then you can choose any of our suppliers (even if you also have a North American license).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wiggs1034
As a UK citizen (and license holder) living in Canada (also holding a Canadian drving licence)am I restricted to Budget? I like the idea of avoinding the queues with Dollar Express? Is that possible - or do Budget do something similar?

Thanks
[/quote]

steph_goodrum
14-09-2008, 17:37
Hi Roger
Has this situation changed yet please with regard to suppliers for drivers with a US license. Having just priced up a car hire for 3 days at Christmas there is a difference of £51 between the 4 suppliers with Buget coming out much dearer than Dollar and Alamo?

roger
14-09-2008, 17:42
No, still the same, and no chance of anything changing.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Hi Roger
Has this situation changed yet please with regard to suppliers for drivers with a US license. Having just priced up a car hire for 3 days at Christmas there is a difference of £51 between the 4 suppliers with Buget coming out much dearer than Dollar and Alamo?
[/quote]

steph_goodrum
14-09-2008, 18:45
Thanks Roger, looks like it may have to be Budget then.