Chrizzy
Blott
Roger
Steph
Gillian B
Martin of course
Esprit

Oh and me of course

And any others that ive forgotten to mention, theres just toooooooooo many of you,

Whoever picks right gets $10 ok :D

mm69340
11-10-2003, 17:40
quote:Originally posted by chrisj
[
Oh and me of course -Rock and roll

John and Sarah - Either as a couple or on their own- They have children so the WIGGLES!
Chrizzy - I have to say Country here. On those beautiful Cape evenings!
Blott - I say Classical for a classy lady!
Roger -If Computer guys are the same- they listen to everything!
Steph- I see her like Jullie and vote for Jazz
Gillian B-I say Barbra Streistand- Easy Listening???
Martin of course - Got to go with Opera for some reason
Esprit- I can see her and Terry listening to Jazz

Here are mine! WHere's my $10 will you be paypalling that ????[:p]

chrisj
11-10-2003, 17:54
hehehe

I agree about Chrizzy with those lovley cape sunsets, The one record I think would
be her fav (not Country) Sitting on the dock of the bay by Ottis Redding
and your very very near with me, as for the $10, I earmarked John and Roger paying it,
but I will I dont mind

Chris

Gillian-B
12-10-2003, 01:07
Chris - this thread (and Karen's posting) has given me the biggest laugh in weeks :D - thanks.

If you need to get everyone right - sorry Karen (Barbara Streisand[:0] [?]).

I'm not giving anything else away - I want more laughs on this one (by the way, I've got nothing against Barbara Streisand at all, it's just that I don't have any in my record collection ;)).

I'm going to have a think about my guesses . . . . .

chrizzy100
12-10-2003, 01:16

hehehe

I agree about Chrizzy with those lovley cape sunsets, The one record I think would
be her fav (not Country) Sitting on the dock of the bay by Ottis Redding
and your very very near with me, as for the $10, I earmarked John and Roger paying it,
but I will I dont mind

Chris

Ok I can't wait to tell you my fav songs:D[8D][:o)]....

chrizzy100
12-10-2003, 01:47
Hey chris....I see you as a birdie song kinda guy.....[8D]

chrizzy100
12-10-2003, 01:49
[quote]Originally posted by Gillian-B

Chris - this thread (and Karen's posting) has given me the biggest laugh in weeks :D - thanks.

If you need to get everyone right - sorry Karen (Barbara Streisand[:0] [?]).

I'm not giving anything else away - I want more laughs on this one (by the way, I've got nothing against Barbara Streisand at all, it's just that I don't have any in my record collection ;)).

I'm going to have a think about my guesses . . . . .

Heres my guess for your fav's

Elton John....:D
Phil Collins....

Tashmina
12-10-2003, 03:02
Guys....

I haven't got a clue who you all like but to be honest I just love visiting this site for all the daily 'ins and outs.'

It's a bit like reading your local newspaper except everyone has something in common!

Keep it going is all I say.

Cheers

Tash x

chrisj
12-10-2003, 05:35
Gillian

Glad you liked it, see the Boss is still not here so I can do this sort of thing

Tash - keep coiming in, its great in here

Now Chrizzy are you serious, Birdie song I mean come on :D:D, so are you saying that
you wouldnt be sitting watching one of those great sunsets with Ottis playing in the
background ??

Heres one for Gillian

I think Martin gets home puts on the Stones full blast and struts around :):)

mm69340
12-10-2003, 05:47

Oh and me of course

And any others that ive forgotten to mention, theres just toooooooooo many of you,

You never said how many tries we have??? So I am trying again!

John and Sarah - Either as a couple or on their own-Still say the Wiggles!
Chrizzy-- TOP TEN! Pop! Gotta Love Elton John
Blott- Still say Classical
Roger -Everything- which includes elevator music! ;)
Steph- Still staying with Jazz
Gillian B- I'll go Beatles here!
Martin of course - Sticking with Opera!!!
Esprit- Still say Jazz

Chrisj- I'll go with ROCK!! Heavy METAL!! You head banger!!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-10-2003, 14:17
I wouldn't be so sure about that Chris ;). Got back yesterday morning and mainly just lurking on here due to jetlag. Love the Wiggles suggestion though - were only watching them on Playhouse Disney before leaving for the airport on Friday :D

Glad you liked it, see the Boss is still not here so I can do this sort of thing

Gillian-B
12-10-2003, 16:29
I'm still having a great laugh . . . . .:D:D:D

chrisj
12-10-2003, 22:06
damm the boss has spotted me

Anyway Gillian is more likely a Tom Jones or Robbie williams :D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-10-2003, 22:15
Carry on Chris - I'm enjoying this thread immensly :D

steph_goodrum
12-10-2003, 22:26
John and Sarah - Aerosmith. (Well John at least , anything to do with planes - I believe I can Fly etc.
Chrizzy-- Jazz
Blott- Blues
Roger -Middle of the road/easy listening
Steph- I'll abstain from this one even though I could almost certainly get the right answer.:)
Gillian B- Cliff Richard
Martin - 60's - I'm sure it was the hits of the Beach Boys that made him aspire to a life in the sun. Couldn't quite afford the fare at the time to go the extra few miles to California.
Esprit- Pop - with teenagers you don't get much choice.

Since we don't know most others personally it's all pot luck and no offence intended .
:D:D

chrizzy100
12-10-2003, 22:56
quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum

John and Sarah - Aerosmith. (Well John at least , anything to do with planes - I believe I can Fly etc.
Chrizzy-- Jazz
Blott- Blues
Roger -Middle of the road/easy listening
Steph- I'll abstain from this one even though I could almost certainly get the right answer.:)
Gillian B- Cliff Richard
Martin - 60's - I'm sure it was the hits of the Beach Boys that made him aspire to a life in the sun. Couldn't quite afford the fare at the time to go the extra few miles to California.
Esprit- Pop - with teenagers you don't get much choice.

Since we don't know most others personally it's all pot luck and no offence intended .
:D:D

OK I'll give people a hint....we own Harley Davidsons...:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-10-2003, 23:20
Steph's the warmest so far with my own musical taste but way off with Sarah's ;)

Gillian-B
12-10-2003, 23:29
Chrizzy - it's got to be rock? Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Guns 'n Roses? Or am I way off?
John & Sarah - Bruce Springsteen? (Only because my brother-in-law's a pilot and he likes Springsteen!)
Blott - Pavarotti?
Roger - Coldplay or Radiohead?
Steph - Robbie Williams?
Martin - Beatles?
Esprit - Westlife?

I'm probably way off the mark on these (no offence meant as I've never met any of you), but it's fun anyway (and someone's got close with one of my favourites ;)).

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-10-2003, 23:42
Gillian:

Spingsteen is very good (I like a lot of things to be honest e.g. we always listen to country in the US). I'll give you a clue as to my favourite band of all time...Aerosmith was close expcept they do not wear enough make up ;)

steph_goodrum
13-10-2003, 00:06
Gillian is closest so far, she mentioned at least 4 that would be on my play list, Sorry Chris but way off target with jazz.

How about Blue for Sarah (no not Blues CLues or Bear in the Big blue house), something a little more mellow than Bon Jovi.

chrisj
13-10-2003, 00:20
Chrizzy on her harley, wow thats got to be worth seeing a pic, - Bet she is into ZZ Top then
Blott - I think she's far too busy answering questions on here
Roger - Bands like the Ramones etc (dont ask why just a wild guess)
Steph - Id say Blues
Matin - another Muddy Walters fan

John and Sarah, still trying to work that out

chrisj
13-10-2003, 00:29
Think when Sarah goes out John gets out his Kiss albums and has a blast

Still thinking about Esprit and Sarah

steph_goodrum
13-10-2003, 00:29
Chris I'll give you a clue, you've got one more genre to go that definitely isn't on my play list - :)

John - "Aerosmith was close except they do not wear enough make up" so it must be Alice Cooper then - or do they wear too much?

mm69340
13-10-2003, 00:30
KISS!!!!!!!!!!! I win JOHN!!!!! KISS!!!!!! Which means I get 7% of the $10!!!

NO FAIR CHRIS!!! I didn't switch pages so I still win!!

Gotta say- Never would have guessed that one![:p]

mm69340
13-10-2003, 00:36

Anyway Gillian is more likely a Tom Jones or Robbie williams :D

I take it I am slow on the uptake! FINAALY got the boss is away JOKE!!!!:D

Coldplay or Radiohead?
Steph - Robbie Williams?

Esprit - Westlife? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE????

chrizzy100
13-10-2003, 01:06

Gillian

Tash - keep coiming in, its great in here

Now Chrizzy are you serious, Birdie song I mean come on :D:D, so are you saying that
you wouldnt be sitting watching one of those great sunsets with Ottis playing in the
background ??

Heres one for Gillian

I think Martin gets home puts on the Stones full blast and struts around :):)

No I'm not an Ottis fan......

chrizzy100
13-10-2003, 01:16
quote:Originally posted by Gillian-B

Chrizzy - it's got to be rock? Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Guns 'n Roses? Or am I way off?
John & Sarah - Bruce Springsteen? (Only because my brother-in-law's a pilot and he likes Springsteen!)
Blott - Pavarotti?
Roger - Coldplay or Radiohead?
Steph - Robbie Williams?
Martin - Beatles?
Esprit - Westlife?

I'm probably way off the mark on these (no offence meant as I've never met any of you), but it's fun anyway (and someone's got close with one of my favourites ;)).

Well my fave song is Rob Zombies 'Living Dead Girl'...I play that real loud while driving...both the rock and club mix..:D

Here is a list in no real order
Melissa Etheridge
Nickelback
Sarah Brightman
Kosheen
Cher
Kylie
Staind
Meat Loaf
Grimethorpe Colliery Band
Evanescence
3doors down
And yes I am a country music fan.....:)

chrizzy100
13-10-2003, 01:18

Chrizzy on her harley, wow thats got to be worth seeing a pic, - Bet she is into ZZ Top then
Blott - I think she's far too busy answering questions on here
Roger - Bands like the Ramones etc (dont ask why just a wild guess)
Steph - Id say Blues
Matin - another Muddy Walters fan

John and Sarah, still trying to work that out

Sadly hubby is the only bike rider now....my little Harley stayed in the UK with my dad....I did have pics online but yahoo lost them....:(

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-10-2003, 01:58
Chrisj and Karen: Correct :D!

Sarah is harder to guess for though - even I am not quite sure what she likes musically ;)

mm69340
13-10-2003, 02:05
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Chrisj and Karen: Correct :D!

Sarah is harder to guess for though - even I am not quite sure what she likes musically ;)

SPOKEN like a TRUE husband!!! [:p]

blott
13-10-2003, 02:15
quote:Blott - I think she's far too busy answering questions on here You never heard of CD players on PCs Chris? I often surf to music! :D

Someone's already mentioned a few of my faves - but some of them for someone else! [:p]

chrisj
13-10-2003, 02:36
Karen

Ok we can split the winnings if you want cos im a gent

Chrizzy

I have a 1952 Arial Square 4 that ive just finished restoring, it was my dads who got it
in 1956 for £5

So we almost have Steph, possibly esprit and Blott listens while surfs

Rough guess for Sarah would be Dolly Parton or that chap with the beard whose name
I can think of

And we have me

more thinking needed :D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-10-2003, 02:41
Not even warm Chris ;)

Rough guess for Sarah would be Dolly Parton or that chap with the beard whose name
I can think of

mm69340
13-10-2003, 04:03
I just figured out Sarah!

The Spice Girls!

I think I need a new HOBBY!!!

Chris- it loks like I will need the money for withdrawal Therapy! If I don't do some housework soon dear old Hubby will unplug the computer!!!!

Blott- I change you to TOP TEN!

Oh and Chris- I think you previously thought of Willie Nelson!

chrisj
13-10-2003, 12:49
Ok think Sarah must be into Elton John, Sting etc

Think Id better get on with some work, Ill get in trouble soon :D

roger
14-10-2003, 02:28
Gillian is closest so far with ColdPlay, although with a 9 year old daughter I mostly get to hear teen-groups. Josh is not much into music although the Playstation is usually blasting out load music. Leon (nearly 2) makes me listen to Bob the Builder and Carolyn (like me) listens to anything, so a real mixture in our house.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2003, 02:31
Try again Chris...Sarah says "a bit more off the beaten track than that" ;)

Ok think Sarah must be into Elton John, Sting etc

chrisj
14-10-2003, 03:17
Well im stumped on Sarah, have to give this some thought dont think she is
an abba or sarah brightman girlie, so its getting a bit tough

Still havent guessed Blott, but could be the beach boys, Esprit is still a hard
one and Gillian is almost there

Wish i hadnt started this now :D:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2003, 03:20
A clue: one of her favourites has the word "Mary" in it ;)

Well im stumped on Sarah, have to give this some thought dont think she is
an abba or sarah brightman girlie, so its getting a bit tough

fiona
14-10-2003, 03:20
Sarah is a bit young to be an abba or sarah brightman girlie!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2003, 03:21
Who's Sarah Brightman [?]

chrisj
14-10-2003, 03:30
not mary j blyth ??

actually thats a good point fiona I should have asked everyones age at the start
that would have helped

blott
14-10-2003, 03:30
Sarah Brightman used to be Andrew Lloyd Webber's wife... soprano and perhaps a bit a la Charlotte Church(ish).

chrisj
14-10-2003, 03:31
I know its mary poppins :D:D

fiona
14-10-2003, 03:33
Is that Jesus and Mary Gang - or something like that?

Sarah Brightman - was dancer with Hot Gossip - had a no 1 hit (I think) with something about a Starship Trooper??? and then went on to have a career as a sort of opera singer. She was married to Andrew Lloyd Webber and did Phantom etc. Last big hit was with the blind opera singer with the fabulous voice.

chrisj
14-10-2003, 03:34
went to see Phantom in london - it was wow

fiona
14-10-2003, 03:37
ok now have site for Sarah Brightman

http://www.sarah-brightman.com/flash.html

perhaps you now know more than you ever wished to!

mm69340
14-10-2003, 03:40
quote:Originally posted by fiona

Sarah is a bit young to be an abba or sarah brightman girlie!

HEY! FIONA!!! I'm only 35 and I know and still listen to ABBA!!! Huby has their CD!!!

fiona
14-10-2003, 03:44
Sorry, can remember them from first time round[:X]

chrizzy100
14-10-2003, 04:36
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Who's Sarah Brightman [?]

She started off sing an old time great call 'I fell in love with a starship trooper'.... back in the good old days ....

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2003, 12:28
All the Mary guesses are not right so far!

fiona
14-10-2003, 14:19
Mary Chapin Carpenter, Mary Black, Mary Hopkins (;)) Maria Carey (well it''s sort of Mary).

chrisj
14-10-2003, 14:27
I think its Mary Hopkins, or Mary Tyler Moore

Mary Chapin isnt she that country singer

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2003, 14:37
Correct - Mary Chapin Carpenter :D. Sarah also likes a lot of other varied music too but this is one of her favourites!

quote:Originally posted by fiona

Mary Chapin Carpenter, Mary Black, Mary Hopkins (;)) Maria Carey (well it''s sort of Mary).

Ruth
14-10-2003, 14:41
Well done Fiona:DI have to admit I have never heard of her[:I]

fiona
14-10-2003, 15:01
Oh she's brill. Being a radio 2 addict - now where else can you listen to Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Cat Stevens, Eva Cassidy (we'll forget about the odd duff early evening or Sundays!)- she is often played on there. I have a few cd's, she's what I'd call country without being toooo country if you know what I mean!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2003, 15:31
Sounds like your musical tastes are very similar to Sarah's Fiona. Sarah loves Eva Cassidy too and listens to Radio 2 :D

hamptonlakes
14-10-2003, 15:32
What about Soul & Mowtown[?]

I love soul and motown music like m people err marvin gaye, temptations, everly bros

and also Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes singing I Had The Time Of My Life from at the end of the Dirty Dancing Movie

and also starship - nothin gonna stop us know from the 80s film Maniquine(sorry about the spelling)

fiona
14-10-2003, 16:47
loads of mowtown and soul + Northern Soul on radio 2 you know! (Do I sound like an advert - and yes I did used to work for the BBC - but not in radio!)

hamptonlakes
14-10-2003, 18:19
Sounds like you love radio 2 Fiona, i used to be a mobile dj but closed down my company cos just was not enough hours in the day to do everything and know buy my villa i need to spend time marketing my villa to get bookings also with running my 2 other companies[|)]

my other main company is nationwide painting and decorating contractors www.****.co.uk

fiona
14-10-2003, 19:44
well, SOME of radio 2! Just like music I suppose. Also listen to Radio 4, Virgin, Heart, Magic and when I have to (ie gals have switched my dials) Radio 1. Oh, and am I turning into my mother? yes!

Also run a bathroom distribution company - covers Southern half of England & Wales, just starting work on a website, and when we move our head office to new premises next year I will I/C the retail operation - oh and yes, run a villa rental business in my spare time!

melfrank
15-10-2003, 00:48
We haven't got a clue what anyone likes. We could take a guess, but it would probably be insulting.
If anyone is interested, we like David Bowie, Madonna, Paul Weller, Shack, The Coral, Oasis, Richard Ashcroft, Eva Cassidy, Sugababes, Blur,The Eels, Red Hot Chilis, Nirvana and many others.

We cannot stand manufactured boy/girl bands and all this pop idol rubbish (although it can be quite funny to watch sometimes).

chrisj
15-10-2003, 01:34
Who is Eva Cassidy ?? shes been mentioned before on here ???

melfrank
15-10-2003, 02:31
[quote]Originally posted by chrisj

[She is a brilliant american singer who also wrote her own songs but died of cancer before she was recognised. Get on to CD.WOW website and buy her music. She has a fantastic voice./quote]

fiona
15-10-2003, 02:33
She has a beautiful voice, a mix of folk and blues if that is possible, you may have heard her version of Fields of Gold (originally by Sting). She was discovered by the producer of the Terry Wogan show.

chrizzy100
15-10-2003, 02:40

In front of you now Chris...you have the biggest means of getting info in the world....hehehehe
[:o)][}:)]
Here is a link....http://evacassidy.org/eva/

chrisj
15-10-2003, 02:43
Thanks everyone, hadnt heard of her but thats all, will search out some of her music tomorrow

Gillian-B
15-10-2003, 14:36
My three favourite live acts that I'll own up to are Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams and . . . . . .yes, Robbie Williams. As for listening to music at home - just about anything :)

chrisj
15-10-2003, 16:46
Spose I should admit my taste

When I was a youngster it was the Faces, Slade, Blackfoot Sue, Gary Glitter etc
Then went into Punk Rock as a teenager
Nowdays I listen to almost anything at all.

The kids always have pop on the radio, but when they go out daddy changes the settings:D

fiona
16-10-2003, 15:14
When I was an eeny weeny itsy bitsy baby it was the Beatles, swiftly following by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beak Mick & Tich (who I hear you all ask and no wonder, I don't even seem to have a record of theirs - but it could have been worse, my sister LOVED David Cassidy and then Alvin Stardust!) Swiftly followed by Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, Doors, Family, Rod Stewart, Bread, Simon & Garfunkel, James Taylor, John Denver, Paul Simon and then in my 20's: the boss, Dire Straights, Eagles (all of whom I have stayed faithful to!), ZZ Top, J J Cale, Bob Dylan, Michael Chapman. In my 30's I discovered country music, Bryan Adams, Meatloaf and then as I reached the fabulous 40's (!)it's almost anything but rap!

Kissyme
16-10-2003, 15:40
With three teenage boys in the house and strangly in control of the T.V. remote and the car radio we have to suffer Rap Gangsta and a load of stuff that has no meaning to me or the other half, sometimes we try and put heart or magic on but it never lasts long