PDA

View Full Version : hints and tips

Anthony Ross
07-10-2007, 19:04
We are off on our holibobs next Saturday and i was wondering if people were willing to share their tips and hints to make holiday as good as it can be. For example i've read in threads turn right at themes parks and go against the normal flow of people which gives you less queues at popular rides. These are the sort of things you learn through experience but i would like to learn from others experiences. Top tips please.

Tony

blott
07-10-2007, 19:15
Tony, you'll find loads of top tips and hints in this section of the forum. Also have a look at the Florida guides at http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida_guide/ which have loads of top info about all sorts of things.

Have a great time. :) And don't forget to come back and tell us all about it in Trip Reports. [msnwink]

CarolAnn
08-10-2007, 12:45
A bit harsh for a first visit i know, but have to admit, we often go in a park and go straight to the furthest points from the entrance, the rides are generally a little quieter (if in the morning). We go soon ourselves, and you really won't find the parks too bad, the crowds make the atmosphere remember:)

ShirleyD
08-10-2007, 15:36
I've not been to Magic Kingdom for a while, but when the kids were little, we would arrive and catch the train to the far side of the park and go and meet Mickey Mouse in his house before the crowds had filtered through there.

With the fast passes, it can worth getting one for a big ride, then queuing for another big ride if you arrive at a park at opening time,before the crowds arrive. However on your first visit, I think it is much nicer to soak up the atmosphere and stroll though the parks doing one land at a time.

If you are planning to eat at one of the themed restaurants though, do book it on your arrival to get best pick of times. (I understand this can also be done a few days in advance too)

brizzle
08-10-2007, 16:13
Ooo, so many.

This will come up time and time again but it is worth reiterating...schedule some rest days, if you don't you will indeed see more but you will enjoy it less because you will be shattered.
And face the facts I can 100% guarantee that you will not see anywhere near to everything there is to offer anyway so why stress yourself out.

Disneys Boardwalk is a great place to relax in the evening.
We didn't know about it until a few trips ago but now visit a few times a trip. And it's free.
Same goes for the town of Celebration, take a trip there early evening, or during the day, and enjoy a slower pace to the hustle and bustle of parks/shopping.

Look at the main rides at each park and work out which one you really just 'have' to ride. If it's Soarin' at EPCOT for example make sure you head straight there when the park opens and ride it (and maybe pick up a Fastpass before you ride so you can jump straight back on to get two rides early on).
Once the biggies are out of the way then you can stroll about the park enjoying the rest of the less busier attractions.

Try to make sure you do at least a few evenings at the parks as the fireworks and parades are worth the entrance money alone.
So if you can try to catch, Wishes and Spectromagic (MK), Illuminations (EPCOT) and Fantasmic (MGM).

And most of all enjoy it and be prepared to book again shortly after your return [msnsmile]

mizzy
08-10-2007, 19:40
top tips is to read through trip reports look at photos and food places on here to steal loads of ideas [msnwink] and then build a basic itinerary with plenty of rest days built in

don't buy all singing, all dancing tickets that you won't get the value from, have a look at the link above for tickets and car hire

millie
09-10-2007, 01:01
Have emailed you all we have gathered from websites and friends etc etc. Its a word file for each of the Disney parks and one for WDW as a whole.

Hope they are useful.
I'm sure when you get back you can post some new ones on here!

Susan J
09-10-2007, 13:21
If you have young children, take wet wipes or a facecloth, wet in a bag- help with sticky fingers and overheating.

MrCake
09-10-2007, 22:23
just a quick thank you blott[clap]