PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Car Hire

paulb
02-10-2007, 19:50
Is it possible to hire a car that is a little out of the ordinary?

We have had Chrysler 300c's etc in the past which are good but would ideally like to hire a muscle car. Nothing too extravagant but equally something a bit unusual and fun and definately American, the larger the engine size the better. The best I seem to have come across would be a Hummer / Escalade which are not ideal as I would prefer a car to a SUV type vehicle.

Something along the lines of a Dodge Challenger, but there again a high specification model, as opposed to the normal hire cars which tend to be models from low down in the range.

Paula D-S
02-10-2007, 20:22
If you're looking for something in the prestige league try this link http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/prestige-car-hire-florida.aspx

paulb
02-10-2007, 22:15
Thanks Paula, but they seem to have the same cars that I have seen elsewhere. E.g. Hummers and Escalades, they do differ in that they have prestige cars but they seem to be European. We see them all the time at home! I am looking for an American muscle / sports type car, that is different to what we have in Europe.

Paul

mfairhurst
02-10-2007, 22:49
We had a Chrysler 300 tourer this time a red one and it had all the extras you could want and more it was a lot better than the last 3 others we have had as they had no guts for a very large car .
What about the Cadilac maybe they do a sports one .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Sniff
03-10-2007, 16:43
I know that the Hertz Fun Collection includes a few muscle cars (as well as Hummers) such as Shelby GTH, Mustang and Corvette.

Here's the link [website link edited]

If this link gets edited, just go to the Hertz website and check out the vehicle guide. This list is for Orlando (availability varies from location to location)

paulb
03-10-2007, 20:26
Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I was after. I have to get hold of a Shelby GTH, if only for three weeks.

Paul