PDA

View Full Version : Management Companies

GoingToFlorida
10-10-2003, 01:51
Hello everyone. I am new and so very glad that I found this site. As I have been planning my Florida vacation, I have come across a ton of 'management companies' in the Kissimmee Area. In the end, I have chosen to book my vacation with IPG. Has anyone stayed with them before? Are they a good company?

orlandobabe
10-10-2003, 06:48
Hello Going to Florida

I am sorry that no-one has answered you. I also am sorry that you haven't had the confidence to choose one of the lovely villas from the huge selection on this site.

By going to a management company I would think that you are in effect taking pot luck. You might get the long straw and get a beautiful villa or you might not.

Whereas here you can contact your owner and speak to them directly and choose your location-that way you get exactly what you want for your vacation.

I hope it all turns out ok-no doubt it will be fine-but I think you have missed a great opportunity to choose exactly what you want

Best wishes

steph_goodrum
10-10-2003, 11:35
Hi Going to Florida,
As you can see we're out of bed and ready to answer any questions again:)
As far as IPG goes I have heard of them but have no personal knowledge on that score, or comment on their specific mode of operation.
I agree with Orlandobabe in that you will probably be taking pot luck on what is available because , as with most bookings by management commpanies tha accommodation is allocated on arrival, some will book specific develpments or accommodation in advance but at a much higher premium. So you may arrive and find your villa is 10 mins to the parks etc or maybe 30-40 depending on who has arrived before you. You will usually find your booking says something like 4 bedroom villa as a generic type rather than specific address.
Many owners also operate their homes by keycode so you don't have to drive to an mc office , at maybe some late hour, to get keys and address, a few weeks before you leave, once your payment has arrived you will usually be given the full address and entry details so you can plan your journey more accurately.
As O/babe says as well by speaking to the owner you can find out exactly what will be in the home you will be staying in have fun selecting the home that will give your family the best vacation.
Whatever you do eventually decide though have a great vacation and don't forget to tell us all about it or ask if you've got any other questions.

caroline
10-10-2003, 11:48
Hi
I've also heard of IPG but afraid I don't know anything about them.
I'm curious as to your reason for booking through a management company - is it something you've done before?
If you don't mind giving us your reasons, it would be helpful to us as owners to see it from the guests point of view :)

fiona
10-10-2003, 14:01
We have stayed in a villa that was managed by IPG. This was in 1998 so I am sure things have changed since then, but the way in which the villa was maintained led us not to consider IPG as a management company when we bought our own villa.

Gillian-B
10-10-2003, 14:32
I think it was IPG that we went to when we were buying (are they near Lindfields?), but we decided on a small Management Company that offers a more personal service - not just to us, but also our guests.

I agree with what's been said above about booking through large MC, but there's often the cost aspect as well (more expensive as they have larger overheads).

You could always try contacting IPG to request a specific area (say that you need the address & telephone number to pass onto relatives before you go ;)).

fiona
10-10-2003, 14:43
They were at Bermuda something when we collected keys from them, right the other end of the 192. Isn't it Style / Resortquest or whatever they are called up near Lindfields?

GoingToFlorida
10-10-2003, 18:41
Thank you all for replying. I actually found this site after making my reservations. However I will keep in mind about the private homeowner thing if something should go wrong. They really look like a great company. ((praying, lol)) What really pulled my interest was that they are a sister company with Best Western / Highlands Reserve. Does that make any sense? :)

orlandobabe
11-10-2003, 05:57
This is one area where Big is not always Best.

Going to smaller operatives means for a more personal service.