PDA

View Full Version : POPYE & BLUTOS BILGE RAT BARGES

227Michelle
01-10-2007, 17:03
Hi

The last time we were in Florida this ride was closed for Halloween, does anyone know if this will be the case this year.

Thanks

Michelle

Bex
04-10-2007, 00:29
I can't guarantee that the ride will be open over Halloween this year, but i have just checked on the IOA website and they claim "There are currently no scheduled ride or show closures at Islands of Adventure, but Universal Studios Fear Factor Live is currently closed and will re-open after Halloween.

I would recommend keeping any eye on their website for up to date information, the info is under theme park hours. [msnsmile]

millie
04-10-2007, 01:39
oooh take some spare pants!!!!!!! I can't believe how wet I got on that ride. It was past funny wet - disgusting wet describes it better!!!!
L

domster
21-10-2007, 21:16
We went on it 2 weeks ago and could not stop laughing! We were all drenched to the bone. It is one of my fav ever water rides. At least we all dried off.

aldridgeclan
12-03-2008, 15:37
best water ride ever, still laugh about it today, none of the other water rides compare to this one.

July 09 cant wait

luckylady
12-03-2008, 16:32
We love this ride, but we always make it the last ride before leaving the Park
We know without a shadow of a doubt we will be soaked.:D

Carla
12-03-2008, 17:26
I made the mistake of enjoying this ride in jeans and trainers. I won't do that again!! It was a fantastic ride but we spent quite a while in the ladies wringing out ALL of our clothing and footwear.[msnsmile2]

ccarcher
12-03-2008, 18:30
Yes a big favourite and we got absolutely soaked back in August

Just wondering now on best time to ride either early or late

We rode in the morning last time and dried out fairly quick, maybe as we are staying at RPR this year for a night we should ride last thing and then we can go and get changed

eagleydo
12-03-2008, 23:18
This is one of my favourites. Still laugh about my brother and his wife. They are both very unadventerous and rarely ever do any rides at all. The first year they went this was one of the rides they decided to do much to my surprise. I tried to tell my sister in law that she would get wet but my brother insisted on saying to her quite loudly and confidently that she would only get a little splash. He referred to it as being like Thunder River at Thorpe Park. I tried to advise otherwise but by husband told me to leave it, he said my brother knew best. I played along and you know the rest without me telling you. They got absolutely soaked. My sister in law had only one dry patch on her skirt, the size of a half crown, when she got off the ride. I was laughing so much I was crying, they managed to catch every wave and emptying pots of water. Funny thing! she never rode this ride again. Yes, I did catch the memory on camera.:D

andy_d
13-03-2008, 02:20
Its funny if you go into the toilets nearby with loads of people queuing up to try and get dry using the hand dryer.

S&VEdwards
13-03-2008, 19:20
When we first did this ride could not work out why everyone had ponchios? We soon found out. There was a very smug looking lady sitting opposite us who managed to stay relatively dry for most of the ride. We got to the last pouring pot and it looked like the water was coming straight for us, suddenly we changed direction and she got the full force. She did not look too impressed[msnwink]

Sandra

eagleydo
14-03-2008, 01:49
Never understand the ponchos, myself. The fun is getting wet and trying to dodge the water.:D

Sloop
14-03-2008, 03:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by S&VEdwards
When we first did this ride could not work out why everyone had ponchios? [/quote]

Can't understand that either. Why try to stay dry on a "wet" ride ?

Definitely favourite water ride. Remember first time we did this ride, had to buy new t-shirts for the boys, they were so wet !

Best time of day ? I'd say early, then you have time to dry off in the Florida sun [8D]

Tone Arranger
12-04-2008, 19:35
Great water ride, get absolutely soaked but great fun with it. Ponchos ? Come on ! The whole point is to get soaked, soak your neighbour if possible, enjoy it and enjoy dryiong out in the Florida sun, then go again.

LiesaAnna
12-04-2008, 19:43
i sat this one out and ate at the nearby chippie place when my lot came out they were drenched!! they loved it, must admit i did the congo river rapids tho and stayed on twice in a row!! its great fun and refreshing in that heat!

Jan have we seen any pics of this?

domster
12-04-2008, 21:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tone Arranger
Great water ride, get absolutely soaked but great fun with it. Ponchos ? Come on ! The whole point is to get soaked, soak your neighbour if possible, enjoy it and enjoy dryiong out in the Florida sun, then go again.
[/quote]

I always laugh when I see people who wear the ponchos. The whole point of the ride is to get soaked and then dry off. I remember this lady next to me who had one on get drenched as the water went up under the poncho. classic gold moment!

chrizzy100
13-04-2008, 01:58
I love this ride..can't get anyone to go on with me...wear clothes that dry quick...and remember to remove your shoes...and have fun...:)

luckylady
13-04-2008, 02:26
I agree guys you expect to get wet, but there is wet and there is WET!!! WET!!!
The last time we was on this ride there wasn't a cat in HE**S chance of us drying off in the sunshine.
We was soaked to the skin,in fact my red canvas shoes dyed my feet red and Bruce's denim blue shorts were so wet the dye run down his legs.To say the least we was in a mess [grin][grin]

pieman790
13-04-2008, 10:58
We take a spare pair of clothes with us. There are some lockers just next to the ride and when we have done both water rides we get changed. We always get soaked. My kids did this ride 5 times after one another last November and they were soaked when they came off.
You can get away with walking around wet in the summer months but in the winter months it can take an hour or two for you to dry off.

chrizzy100
13-04-2008, 20:44
We take old clothes for the wet rides and an old towel and then trow them...

caroline
13-04-2008, 21:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by luckylady
I agree guys you expect to get wet, but there is wet and there is WET!!! WET!!!
The last time we was on this ride there wasn't a cat in HE**S chance of us drying off in the sunshine.
We was soaked to the skin,in fact my red canvas shoes dyed my feet red and Bruce's denim blue shorts were so wet the dye run down his legs.To say the least we was in a mess [grin][grin]
[/quote]

Oh Barbara I know just how you felt, this reminds me of the very first time we went to Florida I bought some beautiful soft leather blue loafer type shoes, they were highly unfashionable but soooooo comfortable, unfortunately every day I wore them my feet turned an attractive shade of navy[msneek] and even after a shower and a bath and then swimming I still had blue feet - but I really didn't care.... those shoes were so comfortable, I just wish I'd bought them in beige!!

dsv77
31-05-2008, 08:50
Easily the best water ride ever! (although the Toon Lagoon Falls next door, is pretty good too)

I was kinda annoyed tho that we were made to keep shoes ON [:O] while in the Barge. We all got on, took our shoes off and put them into the covered bins in the middle of the boat, then one of the operators came by and told us to put our shoes back on!!

We took them out, pretended to put them back on then put them back in the bin when he turned away!!

we had the best laugh, some of the drops you go down were mental. I thought we would tip over they were so steep.

But i have to say, the people at the top of the ship with the water cannons towards the end were absolute ********!!

haha

Duncan

Cruella DeVilla
31-05-2008, 15:26
I love this one too, got soaked last week first time and second hardly a drop but the guy next to us was drenched[msnsmile2]

I just don't see the point of going on these rides in a cape either btw....what's the point!

domster
01-06-2008, 15:29
I too love this ride. I am always the unlucky one who gets soaked. mel always manages to not get wet. Must be her magic forecfield!.

I agree that people wearing those stupid macks need to be banned from riding on it. The whole point of the ride is to get soaked.

Sally D
01-06-2008, 16:38
We all love this ride and can't see the point in the ponchos. Part of the fun is seeing who gets wetest.

dsv77
08-10-2008, 09:26
Hey

All open as of yesterday, so dont think they will be closed this hallowe'en

orlandochris
08-10-2008, 14:14
Fantastic ride - the best water ride I have ever been on, by quite some distance!!

trupial
20-10-2008, 03:01
Not one part of our clothes were dry when we came off this ride !
What a laugh