PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders

chrizzy100
08-10-2003, 23:33
I don't know if many of you watch it on BBCA....but its been cut....and many people are upset about it over here in the USA......

After living here a while.....its nice to tune into the show.....even if you never watched in in the UK....BBCA is full of repeats....its a bad channel.....but sometimes our only link with England.....

There is a petition....if anyone would like to sign it....IM me....I'll not put the link here unless I'm told its ok.....thanks......:D

Gillian-B
09-10-2003, 02:29
I never even realised until a month ago that Eastenders was shown over there - and apparantly it's quite up to date? If it gets reinstated, I know what I'll be doing next time I'm over . . .

chrisj
09-10-2003, 02:33
I hate that programme, but its on all the time which is why I hide in here :D

Harmony
09-10-2003, 19:27
I agree chris. One of the pleasures of USA is to get away from british TV soaps.

Jeff

chrizzy100
09-10-2003, 19:34
quote:Originally posted by Harmony

I agree chris. One of the pleasures of USA is to get away from british TV soaps.

Jeff

But both of you are men so you don't count....LOL..!
Think of it...a whole 3 hours where the wife is not out spending money......[:o)][:o)]

chrizzy100
09-10-2003, 19:36
quote:Originally posted by Gillian-B

I never even realised until a month ago that Eastenders was shown over there - and apparantly it's quite up to date? If it gets reinstated, I know what I'll be doing next time I'm over . . .

The BBCA site is in uproar...but I don't know if it'll work....they don't seem to be listen to the viewers there....but then what else is new.....

All the admin is doing all day is deleting posts and topics.....nice work if you can get it.......

fiona
09-10-2003, 19:37
Well I can't stand it either:D Haven't watched it apart from a few at the beginning.

Carla
09-10-2003, 19:42
Me too Fiona, can't stand it. Kevin and I have a rush to see who can get to the remote control and switch the channel, as soon as the music starts!! It beats me how the Americans can understand what they are saying a lot of the time!!

chrisj
09-10-2003, 19:59
Chrizzy

What do you mean we dont count [:0][:0][:0][:0]

chrizzy100
09-10-2003, 21:52
quote:Originally posted by fiona

Well I can't stand it either:D Haven't watched it apart from a few at the beginning.

I never watched it much in the UK....but after living here a while its a link to home......American tv is bad.....BBCA is very bad....repeats of the same 4 Inspecter Morse shows have been played ever week for a year now.....Eastenders was something new in a forest of repeats of DIY and Garden shows.....

chrizzy100
09-10-2003, 21:53
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

Chrizzy

What do you mean we dont count [:0][:0][:0][:0]

Men are on earth just to pass over their wages to us ladies....and to be seen and not heard......LOL[:o)][:o)][:o)]

chrisj
09-10-2003, 22:31
:D[}:)][}:)] very good, worthy of a tounge in cheek answer but i darent go there;);)

esprit
10-10-2003, 07:29
When was it on BBCA, Chrizzy? When I tune in to BBCA, all I ever manage to catch are old episodes of Changing Rooms, House Invaders and Keeping up Appearances. Goodness only knows what the Americans must think of us from that little lot!!
PS I do know what you mean about a link with the UK, and even watching Carol Smilie do up a semi in Surbiton has to beat a great deal of the American TV!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-10-2003, 07:50
No problem - feel free to post the link...not sure about your comments about men though ;):D;):D

quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

There is a petition....if anyone would like to sign it....IM me....I'll not put the link here unless I'm told its ok.....thanks......:D

chrizzy100
10-10-2003, 08:04
quote:Originally posted by esprit

When was it on BBCA, Chrizzy? When I tune in to BBCA, all I ever manage to catch are old episodes of Changing Rooms, House Invaders and Keeping up Appearances. Goodness only knows what the Americans must think of us from that little lot!!
PS I do know what you mean about a link with the UK, and even watching Carol Smilie do up a semi in Surbiton has to beat a great deal of the American TV!!

They stopped showing it a few weeks ago..it was on Saturday afternoons...and only a few weeks behind England.....
Its been on BBCA for years now....
BBCA is really not worth having anymore...its gone down hill in the last few years....PBS is a lot better.....

chrizzy100
10-10-2003, 08:07
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

No problem - feel free to post the link...not sure about your comments about men though ;):D;):D

I was only kidding...men are wonderful things.....what would we do without them....I'd have to learn to BBQ on a gas grill if I had no man about.....:D

chrizzy100
10-10-2003, 08:11
http://www.petitiononline.com/EEfans/petition.html

Even if you don't like the show.....it is some peoples link to the UK....maybe you could also pass the link on.....you don't have to live in the USA to sign......
Thank you.....:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-10-2003, 08:26
LOL - there is no need to be sarcastic ;):D

quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

I was only kidding...men are wonderful things.....what would we do without them....I'd have to learn to BBQ on a gas grill if I had no man about.....:D