PDA

View Full Version : One Day Visit Ideas

bluetigger
24-09-2007, 15:25
Hi all

Your help please
My Wife and two daughters (18 and 15) are planning a day trip to the Gulf Coast between 28th Dec and 11 jan 2008. We have been told the that the sunset at pier 60 in clearwater is a must see.Whats it like Any other must sees and ideas for a daytrip?
Thanks in advance
Bluetigger

wrpac00
24-09-2007, 16:24
If you have a meal at the Palm Pavilions (about 1/2 mile up the beach) you get a fantastic view and yes it is a must see.

While you are there you could have a go on either the Sea Screamer or Thriller. I don't know if they have the craft stalls on the pier in the evening at that time of year but that is quite good.

bluetigger
27-09-2007, 01:36
Thanks wrpac00

Anymore one day ideas on the Gulf Coast

andrewandcarole
27-09-2007, 11:39
The Sea Screamer is well worth doing. It's apparently the largest speed boat in the world! When out in the open sea dolphins jump in its wake - sit at the back for the best view!
The boat is located just opposite the pier (the other side of the road). Trip lasts about an hour and costs less than $20 - well worth it.

Tone Arranger
23-04-2008, 21:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewandcarole
The Sea Screamer is well worth doing. It's apparently the largest speed boat in the world! When out in the open sea dolphins jump in its wake - sit at the back for the best view!
The boat is located just opposite the pier (the other side of the road). Trip lasts about an hour and costs less than $20 - well worth it.

Carole
[/quote]

We did this, and loved it. Dolphins playing and jumping beside you. I guess they just love to play in the wake of the boat. But you do get wet, and it is pretty fast, so it may not be for everyone, but it's great !

MarkJan
23-04-2008, 22:32
Treasure Island near St Petes, do the tour on the DUKW (amphibious vehicle). Good fun and eat in a restaurant after and watch the sunset.