PDA

View Full Version : finally taken the plunge

wilfy
07-10-2003, 19:29
Hi,
2 years after the initial thought of ' hmm, wouldn't it be nice to have our own place out here'. We're now proud owners of a property in kissimmee.:D
Having spent an awfully long time doing my research, i still have things to learn, and hopefully this forum will point me in the right direction. We're UK based and i'm wondering on how to accept payments from US based bookings. One route i do not like is paypal. I've seen too many horror stories for my liking. What does anyone else do?

Cheers,
Wilfy

blott
07-10-2003, 19:36
Hi Wilfy

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new home.

We either ask our US guests to mail a check to our US bank or, if they wish to pay by credit card, we do this via our management company. We do, however, accept deposit payments by PayPal and have never had any problems with it.

sunshine state
08-10-2003, 03:03
Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your new home and im sure this site will provide any information needed.

hamptonlakes
09-10-2003, 18:41
Hi wilfy, i am new home owner on hampton lakes, i do understand about the research i have been researching for the post 3years. And if need help and advise post on this forum because there is always someone who will be able to help and offer you advise.

Congrates on your new home [8D]

athurstance
09-10-2003, 18:51
I either have my MC process their credit card payments or most of them send me a personal check and I post it to my US bank. Not the most efficient method for me but it makes it easy for them.

fiona
09-10-2003, 19:32
My MC will take a credit card payment for me and also take all payments in from my guests and then return the security deposits. This is credited against my account and when it gets to a certain level it is transferred to my bank.