PDA

View Full Version : VIRGIN - DOWNTOWN DISNEY CHECK-IN

Claire
07-10-2003, 18:44
Hello

Sorry if you all know this, but I thought I would post a note so others don't have the problems I did in Orlando last weekend!!

On our last day, we wanted to get rid of our cases as early as possible so we could spend most of the day by the pool and just arrive at the airport and get on the plane. Having heard the Downtown check-in facility had re-opened, we went along to Downtown last week to see where it was. We could not find it. We knew it was near to the Virgin Megastore, so we went in there to ask, only to be told that it had not been there for 2 years. We explained that it was supposed to have re-opened, but were met with a shrug of the shoulders.

So, the next morning I called Virgin in the US, to be told that the Downtown check-in was definitely not open. I then asked at what time the Airport check-in desk opened and was told 11.45 am. So, we went along to the Airport on Saturday morning, arrived at 11.45 am to an already large queue. At 12.15 pm, with an ever-increasing number of people joining the queue, and having seen no sign of life behind the check-in desks, I called Virgin and asked when the check-in desks were due to open, only to be advised that they did not open until 1.30 pm, but that the Downtown Disney check-in was open!!! I absolutely flipped because my home is only 5 minutes from Downtown Disney and I had already wasted over an hour of my precious last day messing around getting to and standing at the Airport.

So, for anyone travelling on Virgin in the near future, the Downtown Disney check-in facility is OPEN and can be found near Cirque du Soleil, just along from the Virgin Megastore. As a consequence of this, the Airport check-in desks do not open until 1.30 pm.

The only consolation in this sorry story is that I complained so much when I eventually managed to come face-to-face with a human being at the check-in desk that I was up-graded!!

CLAIRE

chrisj
07-10-2003, 23:58
I was always under the impression that the Check in was only available if you were staying
at a disney hotel, and that since 9/11 it had been stopped. Perhaps im wrong

Gillian-B
08-10-2003, 00:16
This is great news that the Disney check-in has re-opened (anyone can use it), but it's a shame you found out the hard way Claire.

I understand from Virgin that the Downtown check-in opens at 8am or 8.30am (I can't remember which) through to something like 1pm and then presumably the airport continues. However, it's always worth double-checking before you go (assuming you get an accurate answer [}:)]).

chrisj
08-10-2003, 01:49
Oh ok so if its open we can use it then, thats good. Seems virgin are giving out two
answers on this subject

Matt
08-10-2003, 02:05
Hmmm, see I was under the impression that it no longer existed still!!!

I checked with Virgin Atlantic here in the UK in before I flew over in June and was told there were no plans to reinstate the downtown check-in.

However, if there is someone out there who can give a definite answer it would be greatly appreciated as I'm off again in 3wks and 4days......not that I'm counting:D:D

Gillian-B
08-10-2003, 03:28
My information came from a telephone call to Virgin today (but still, who knows ;)).

chrisj
08-10-2003, 12:58
Gillian

Mine came from a mate who works there, ???? Gee guess we need someone out there to go
and check it out as they clearly dont know themselves

Kissyme
08-10-2003, 13:18
I`ll go I don`t mind:D:D

Gillian-B
08-10-2003, 13:25
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

Gillian

Mine came from a mate who works there, ???? Gee guess we need someone out there to go
and check it out as they clearly dont know themselves

I agree - I'll mention to my boss later today that I need to pop over to check something out - I'm sure it won't be a problem ;).

Seriously (!) though, I know someone over there at the moment so I'll ask them to find out if they go to Downtown (unless someone else posts a confirmation in the meantime).

chrisj
08-10-2003, 13:41
Thats a good idea, then at least we will know, then all I need is directions to it :D

Claire
08-10-2003, 17:48
Hello Again

It's definitely open - opened last Monday. There were people on my plane who had used it.

I have written a letter of complaint to Virgin suggesting they make sure all their employees are fully informed and not giving out duff information. I will let you know what their response is (if any!).

CLAIRE