PDA

View Full Version : It's booked!!!!

Angua
06-10-2003, 22:17
Woo Hoo! We've booked the flights AND the villa. Just the car to sort out and we're on our way.

PHEW!:D:D

steph_goodrum
06-10-2003, 22:40
I bet that's a relief, Sarah, now you can really start looking forward to it , don't want to put a dampener on it but don't forget to sort out your travel insurance as well, if anything were to crop up and you have to cancel at least you can get your money back and take the trip at a later date.
:):)
Always something we never want to pay for but, believe you me, are really grateful for in an emergency

Angua
06-10-2003, 23:35
Thank you for those sage words, Steph. I'm in the process of organising that. I have a pre-existing condition which means it usually costs me a fortune!!:( I wouldn't leave the County without it though. It's amazing how many people don't bother!

We've decided on a week in Orlando at Ridgewood Lakes and then on to NC for another week to stay with friends. It pays to have friends in foreign lands!![^]

I know this is the General Chat forum but a quick question if I may. We last visited in March 2000. What "must-do" rides have they created since then?[?]

Thanks muchly
Sarah

145 days to go.....

Carla
07-10-2003, 00:20
At Universal, you have to do "Shrek". It's brilliant.
At Epcot, "Mission Space". Awesome!!

Haven't been to any other parks recently. My only regret is that Universal have closed King Kong and are getting it ready for another ride based on the film "The Mummy". Kong was one of my favourites!!! "Mummy" may even be finished by the time you go Sarah.

chrizzy100
07-10-2003, 01:36
quote:Originally posted by Carla

At Universal, you have to do "Shrek". It's brilliant.
At Epcot, "Mission Space". Awesome!!

Haven't been to any other parks recently. My only regret is that Universal have closed King Kong and are getting it ready for another ride based on the film "The Mummy". Kong was one of my favourites!!! "Mummy" may even be finished by the time you go Sarah.

I loved King Kong too....I'll miss that ride....

chrisj
07-10-2003, 02:03
I did kraken twice in seaworld and it aged me about 10 years,

Angua
16-10-2003, 12:07
This is sooooo cool! Just got our tickets! Hubbie was given a freebie ticket from BA when they mucked him around on a business trip, so he's used his air-miles and arranged for us both to go Business Class to Orlando for the same price as a couple of normal tickets!!! Woo Hoo!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We'll be Lord and Lady Muck!! I have had the pleasure of being upgraded once before on a trip back from Raleigh way-back-when on American Airlines. It's a different world, lounging in huge armchairs, supping champers while mere mortals are still clambering for overhead cabin space. Hee, hee.:D

NOW I know why Hubbie doesn't mind the long flights when he's off on business. ..... and I'm sure BA will be even better. Fly the Flag, don't ya know!

I'll have to reign in the excitement somewhat or they'll chuck me back behind the curtains!!!;)

(skips off singing to herself)

Kind regards
Sarah.
"Lady Muck"[8D]

chrisj
16-10-2003, 12:48
Sarah

Have a great time, Im sure you wll

Angua
16-10-2003, 13:34
Thanks Chris.

March is soooooo far away though but at least we've got Christmas in between. I'll admit it, I'm a big kid!:D

(Skips off again, singing "I can't wait, I can't wait"[:o)])

Cheers
Sarah.

chrisj
16-10-2003, 13:49
We have to wait til July :(:(

But we are off to Cyprus this Saturday for a week :):)

Angua
16-10-2003, 13:54
You jet-setter, you!

Never been to Cyprus but have heard excellant reports. If I don't speak to you before, have a smashing time.

:D:D

chrisj
17-10-2003, 00:09
Cyprus is lovely, the people are so warm and friendly, We love the place and try and
go at least once a year and sometimes we manage two visits, but we cant complain as we
had our visit to Florida this year as well.

Its just nice to go away this time of year and get some sun.

Anyway thanks for the kind words.

Chris

Gillian-B
17-10-2003, 01:09
Sarah - Now all you have to do is sit back, get out the guide books and decide where you want to go when you arrive [8D]. Have a fantastic holiday.

Chris - Hope you have an excellent holiday too - Cyprus certainly is a lovely place to visit and the people are so friendly as you say.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-10-2003, 01:15
Hope you have a great time Chris...:)

chrisj
17-10-2003, 02:36
Thanks Gillian John and Sarah, will miss being on here every night, but im sure
I can find something else to do :D:D

Its still 82 out there at the moment

Chris

fiona
17-10-2003, 03:15
Have a great holiday Chris and let us know if you buy. My Chris was born out there and despite being registered with the High Commission etc. could not return once he reached 18 as would be called up for national service. I think he's safe now he's over 40!!

chrisj
17-10-2003, 03:49
Thanks Fiona

Im not sure about national service, but luckily at my age I would be past it :D

We have arranged a lot of viewings for Monday and Tuesday, so hope to be an owner
on Wednesday. Just a shame it wont be Florida, but as Ive said before, we have looked
into this for over a year and weighed up all the pro's and con's etc.

Its going to be a new experience for us and we hope to be as happy as all of you are
with your second homes, if we acheive that then thats all we can ask for.

We have booked another trip over Christmas, so hope to be going to OUR own place for the
new year and are we excited or what

Chris

fiona
17-10-2003, 04:31
I presume you will be looking at the Greek side? Isn't there negotiations going on with the Turkish side about the houses that were owned by Greeks and now Turks are in them?

They had a house in the Trodos mountains to use for the summer but lived in Nicosia during the rest of the year. He hasn't been back since he was 5. Their old house is now the Ambassador's house!

chrisj
17-10-2003, 04:55
Yes it is the greek side were looking at, yes there are lots of talks about once they
enter europe and the border is opened for good that ex houses are handed back, This is
going to be a hard one for them to sort out.

This time we want to go to the Turkish side to have a look around. Ive heard its almost in
a time warp since the invasion. The border opens up daily now so we can go over, mind you
we could always have gone over in the past, but never have.

Just want to sort out a place, then spend 4 days doing nothing apart from reading a good book
by the pool in the sun and sleeping.