PDA

View Full Version : food pictures

mizzy
14-09-2007, 18:48
would it be possible for us to have a sticky post on the eating out section where we can post food/drink pictures and maybe brief dining reviews

eating out plays a big part in most peoples holidays and i'm sure it would be beneficial and of interest in helping people decide whether to try a particular restaurant or not

[bowwave]please[bowwave]

mizzy
14-09-2007, 22:46
no replies on this yet can i ask what other forum users think about the suggestion

good or bad come on i'm a grown up i can take it, but no throwing tomatoes ok [msneek]

14-09-2007, 22:58
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH Brill I would love this Marie[msntongue][msntongue][msntongue][easter1][ihop][party1][party2][high5]

Katys Grandad
14-09-2007, 23:00
Would it be very different from the 'Eating Out' section Mizzy? That seems to cover a lot of the things you're looking for!

andrewmckay5
14-09-2007, 23:03
Mizzy,
I think the section would then just become 1 long post as people would just add to the sticky rather than starting a new thread and personally if I go into active topics and see a thread with several pages i normally give it a miss. Also if any casual readers want to do a search on places to eat rather than serparate threads with hopefully a title that is relevant to their search it will be again 1 post with several pages.
andrew

mizzy
14-09-2007, 23:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
Mizzy,
I think the section would then just become 1 long post as people would just add to the sticky rather than starting a new thread and personally if I go into active topics and see a thread with several pages i normally give it a miss. Also if any casual readers want to do a search on places to eat rather than serparate threads with hopefully a title that they can then read it will be again 1 post with several pages.
andrew
[/quote]

i get you Andrew
need to find a way round that possibly? if it could be done i'd love to see a food review/ picture topic

mizzy
14-09-2007, 23:29
i'm not explaining things very clearly here

but when i was new to the forum, i could search through the eating out and read about different restaurants or search for a particular restaurant if i knew it's name but if you're just browsing and there's lots of lovely pics to look at then you may show interest in a restaurant that perhaps you wouldn't have considered and such

the eating out section is great but what if you don't know the type of restaurant you are looking for, the name and the type of food you could expect

i was thinking a browsing pictures post would be useful and if we could all agree to keep pics to a certain size i don't see why the topic would be any longer than the slimming or the what's your countdown topics, we just move onto pt 2 and such when it takes up too much room in the active topics like the others do

perhaps it's just me but i would happily scroll through food pictures to get an idea of some of the lovely meals i can look fwd too on holiday

andrewmckay5
14-09-2007, 23:37
How about organising a poll every month or so with a list of restaurants and ask people to add any photos and comments to that thread or restaurants they want added to the next poll?

mizzy
14-09-2007, 23:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
How about organising a poll every month or so with a list of restaurants and ask people to add any photos and comments to that thread or restaurants they want added to the next poll?
[/quote]

ooh now that's another good idea[clap] just need more input now on this topic and of course we wouldn't know if photos were available[msnsad]

Cruella DeVilla
14-09-2007, 23:40
I suggested putting a menus links sticky in the eating section a few weeks back, I think we are just obsesed with food Marie[ihop]

andrewmckay5
14-09-2007, 23:42
Maybe links to the restaurant/menu would be better than photos as long as the links were not against the rules. Or just copy and paste the menu. This would certainly interest me a lot more than photos of food.

Cruella DeVilla
14-09-2007, 23:43
The Manny's one went down well which gave me the idea.