PDA

View Full Version : Booked 7 seat Minivan with Alamo, what will I get?

yellowbentines
10-09-2007, 18:59
Hi Folks

I've just booked a 7 seat minivan through Alamo with uscarhire.co.uk, I normally rent through Dollar and get given whatever they choose to give me, however I hear that you choose your own car with Alamo which attracted me. Has anyone had experience of what I'm likely to have to choose from in this category at Orlando International (MCO)?

Thanks

Neil

ncmurray
11-09-2007, 13:03
From memory, I think that Alamo offer the Chrysler Town and Country, which I think is nicer than Dollar's Dodge Caravan. With Alamo, you get your paperwork and are told to choose a car from Row Number ??, and there will be loads of 7 seaters to choose from. I'm not sure if Alamo offer anything other than the Chrysler, but somebody else will probably know that.

Hope this helps

Nuala

yellowbentines
11-09-2007, 13:57
That's great thanks.

I'd just like to know in advance if possible as it would be beneficial for me to look at what vans are likely to have most luggage space for a wheelchair, and be easiest to get in/out of for a disabled person. I think the Chrysler town and country is pretty big in terms of interior/luggage space, and has power sliding doors which would be a great help, if there's one there I'll go for it!

Neil

blott
11-09-2007, 14:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by yellowbentines
That's great thanks.

I'd just like to know in advance if possible as it would be beneficial for me to look at what vans are likely to have most luggage space for a wheelchair, and be easiest to get in/out of for a disabled person. I think the Chrysler town and country is pretty big in terms of interior/luggage space, and has power sliding doors which would be a great help, if there's one there I'll go for it!

Neil[/quote]The Town & Country we had in June this year had rear sliding doors but not power ones. The front seat heights are good for parking a backside from standing with your back to the seats and then moving legs around over into the vehicle though. There should be plenty of room for a folding wheelchair but possibly not if you're taking 7 large size suitcases.

yellowbentines
11-09-2007, 15:24
Thanks again,

The suitcases aren't a worry, thankfully my brother-in-law lives in florida and is bringing his truck to the airport to pick up our luggage, however my mother-in-law will be in the van with us hence the wheelchair needs to travel with us too - i was just concerned as some UK minivans have basically zero luggage space when all 7 seats are occupied.

Neil