PDA

View Full Version : Golfing partner first 2 weeks in October

golfnut15
10-09-2007, 13:24
My wife and myself are spending two weeks in the orlando area, I golf, she shops, what a great idea. ( Sometimes she drives the buggy )

My golfing partner can't make it this year. Is anyone available for a couple of rounds of golf each week. ( We arrive 5th Oct )

I play off a handicap of 17. My home course is Lilleshall Hall Golf Club in the uk

bargainqueen
10-09-2007, 17:17
We do exactly the same thing, it makes for a very happy marriage:D

When my husband first started to play golf on our Florida trips he wasn't looking forward to it as he was used to playing with a partner. Our BIL refused to come with us so he half heartedly went off. There's no stopping him now and he plays every day.

One trip he struck up a conversation with someone when they were both waiting for their clubs by the caousel at MCO, that time we went to a number of courses well away from where we stay. Wasn't very convenient as I have to drive him to and from course if I want to use the car.

Now he sticks to a course near by to where we stay and being a single player makes it easier to get a game. He's played with Canadians, Locals and someone on holiday who lives near us in UK.

Unfortuneatly we will be out at beginning of November but just thought I'd try to reasure you by giving you his story.

chrishardy
22-09-2007, 00:36
golfnut

I live in Orlando and am available at weekends, maybe friday afternoons......someone has to work!!