PDA

View Full Version : character dining

Anthony Ross
09-09-2007, 20:59
Hi does any one have any tips suggestions regarding character dining in particular daughter wants to do breakfast at the princessess castle.Thanks
Tony

andrewmckay5
09-09-2007, 22:43
Tony,
book as soon as possible. there are some very good hints in "The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World" available on Amazon.
andrew

mizzy
10-09-2007, 01:25
if you have trouble getting booked into the castle i think they also do a princess breakfast in Epcot, i have dm'd you a link for the itinerary planner that you wanted Tony, using the same website go to home page and then "dining guide" and it should all be there

the other restaurant is called Akershus and is in the norway pavillion Epcot

to make a advance dining reservation (ADR) for either restaurant call 001-407-939-3463

hope this helps [msnsmile]

millie
10-09-2007, 02:46
The castle breakfast is so lovely for little girls. I don't think anywhere else can compare to the sheer fairy tale of it. Food not so great but hey, you are not there to eat!!!! [msnwink][msnwink]

If I were you I would try to book on the very first day you can. It took me quite a few days to get a reservation. I think this one is the hardest to get. That way if they don't have any left you can keep trying.

I have heard people say it is quite nice to book very first thing so you are let into the park before it opens having it all to yourself as you walk up Main Street. Nice photo op. We went a bit later in the morning and it was not so busy.

Lots of little girls dress up as the fave princesses. My little girl wore her dress but I took shorts and t shirt for her to change into afterwards as it was too hot for the dress in the parks.

When you get taken in to the lobby to wait to be called there is a throne where the fairy godmother sometimes sits to have her piccies taken with the kids (big and small!!!). If you are looking towards the throne look up to the left and you will see Jaque and Gus, cinderellas mouse friends sitting on the rafters! My DD was enthralled by them!

Hope you get what you are looking for...

L

brizzle
10-09-2007, 11:28
One tip is to make a practise call before the day the tables are released. Note down the numbers you have to press to get through the menu to the dining you want.

Then start to dial the number about 2 minutes before the opening time for the day, normally about midday. Maybe get the precise time up from a website (something like World Time Server, google that or lots more)

If they are not open you will get a recorded message, hang up and press redial.
If they are open then start hitting your pre-tested number sequence without waiting for the full message to be read to you by the computer voice.
I would wait for each message to start though rather than hit all the numbers in one big '1241564654...phew' as that probably won't work.

Once you get through say 'I'd like to book a table for x people for Cinderellas Royal Breakfast on dd/mm'. From there on I think you have a table 'reserved' and you can relax while the rest of the detail is taken.

Done this twice with success :)

Good luck, if you don't get it then the Norway EPCOT Princess breakfast is also a very good option....
....or if it just *has* to be the Castle then there is also now a Princess lunch with characters.

millie
12-01-2008, 00:00
Having just booked this for our upcoming holiday I have noticed that i had no trouble getting a booking. The 180 day mark was about 3 weeks ago and I still managed to get a seating and had a choice of times. maybe the fact they are also doing the lunch has lessened the demand on this one?

sammibabe
02-05-2008, 00:20
We did the lunch there last time and it was fabulous. Great experience for the kids and lovely food. We all had a great time. We've had no problem booking either time but maybe we were just lucky.

sammibabe
02-05-2008, 00:21
Just noticed what an old thread this is but I am soooo tired.......sorry guys