PDA

View Full Version : Tervis Tumblers

Angua
04-10-2003, 21:28
Hi all :)

In readiness for my trip in March, where in Kissimee or Davenport can I get those marvels of modern science... Tervis Tumblers. [?] You know, those insulated drinking beakers with embroidered emblems enbedded inside (try saying that after a few bevvies!!:D)

I don't remember seeing them on my other three trips but my friends in North Carolina have some that they picked up during an Orlando trip.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
Sarah.

Maureen Edwards
04-10-2003, 21:46
Sarah, never heard of them!! but they sound great. I am sure someone on here will know where you can get them. I think I may of seen something like that in Publix or Wal-Mart, but not sure.

Angua
04-10-2003, 22:10
They are absolutely brilliant! They're virtually unbreakable and have a life-time guarantee anyway. You can use them for cold or hot stuff, bung 'em in the microwave or the dishwasher.

The particular reason I want them is that they don't form condensation on the outside of the beaker so you don't get those soggy rings all over your furniture. Ideal for use in the HotTub and you can get all sorts of designs. My favourite are the seashells but the Florida collection is lovely too (gator, flamingo, etc.)

Advert over! Tervis should be paying me a commission:D:D

Come on, guys. Someone must have seen them. If all else fails, I get some shipped to my friends.

Kind regards
Sarah.

Angua
04-10-2003, 22:14
They look like this.....

Y:\my documents\my pictures\tervis tumbler.jpg

Hope you can see it.

blott
04-10-2003, 22:17
Sorry, we can't Sarah but try their website at http://www.tervis.com

Angua
04-10-2003, 22:28
Thanks for letting me know about the picture, Blott. I get the hang of this message posting one day!![:o)]

Tervis don't seem to have a store you can visit in person and I can't find a list of stockists, only more online shops. I just wondered if anyone had seen them in the shops out in Orlando.

Thanks muchly
Sarah.

Angua
04-10-2003, 22:34
Okay, let's try this techie thing again.....

/forums/Data/2003104183328_Tervis Tumbler.jpg

Now can you see it???????

chrisj
04-10-2003, 22:42
Yes we can see it

Angua
04-10-2003, 22:48
Thanks Chris.

Now, next question.....

Have you seen them in any of the shops?

I guess I'll just have to keep surfing.

Kind regards
Sarah.

chrisj
04-10-2003, 22:53
Ive just asked my wife, as she is the shopper and she said she didnt see any

Chris

Maureen Edwards
05-10-2003, 00:42
No me neither, I imagined them to be like the insulated flasks, but maybe we have seen them and not realised what they were? If there wasn't an explanation on the display, they just look like ordinary tumblers.

[:o)]

Angua
05-10-2003, 02:15
Perhaps there's loads of this type out in Florida. Tervis is the only brand I know. They are only double-skin polycarbonate Tumblers but can you get them over here? Can you heck! ...and it costs a fortune to get them shipped over here.

I'll just have to keep my eye open in the shops. I'm definitely not carting off to Osprey or Fort Myers to the Tervis Factory Shop. I'll be too busy on the rides!!!:D:D

If you got a trip coming up and happen to spot something similar in the local shops, let me know. I'll be one happy bunny.

Many thanks.
Sarah.

langley
13-10-2003, 14:49
Hi Sarah

Just a thought would you be able to order over the internet and have them delivered to your villa any cheaper, while you are staying out there.

Carol

blott
13-10-2003, 22:17
OK Sarah, got an answer to your question about where to get these as I emailed them today and just got a reply! I asked about stockists in the Orlando area.

From dstum@tervis.com

"I only found one. It's
Gingersnap Station
2318 Edgewater Dr
Orlando, FL
Phone#-407-425-8811

You may also try Bealls Department stores. They are located all over Fl. They carry our tumbler. I have no addresses for them but you should be able to look them up in the phone book. If I can help in any other way please feel free to email or call me."

BTW, there's a Beall's store at Osceola Square Mall on the 192.

chrizzy100
13-10-2003, 22:49
quote:Originally posted by blott

OK Sarah, got an answer to your question about where to get these as I emailed them today and just got a reply! I asked about stockists in the Orlando area.

From dstum@tervis.com

"I only found one. It's
Gingersnap Station
2318 Edgewater Dr
Orlando, FL
Phone#-407-425-8811

You may also try Bealls Department stores. They are located all over Fl. They carry our tumbler. I have no addresses for them but you should be able to look them up in the phone book. If I can help in any other way please feel free to email or call me."

BTW, there's a Beall's store at Osceola Square Mall on the 192.

We should pay you by the hour blott......:D
You've saved me hours of looking over the last few months....:)
I've very good at looking things up online...but there is nothing like knowing someone in the know....I'm going to have to remember to ask all my questions before going....I'm not having the internet put in down there for a while....

blott
13-10-2003, 22:56
quote:We should pay you by the hour blott...... Now there's a woman with an idea I like the sound of! ;) Lots of people have helped me over the years Chrizzy and it doesn't cost much to try to help others so you're very welcome. [:I]

Angua
15-10-2003, 00:42
Thanks for all the investigations on my behalf. Apologies for not posting earlier but my blasted Laptop died and had to be rebuilt. I had serious withdrawal!!! [}:)]

I did think about having the tumblers delivered to the Villa but wondered how the US delivery system compared to the UK version. Would I have to wait in all day? I don't think I could spare the "ride-time":D:D

Thanks
Sarah.

Angua
21-10-2003, 02:23
You'll never guess! I've just had a delivery today of 8 Tervis Tumblers from my good friends in North Carolina. They got sick of hearing me bleat on about them, I guess. Now, I won't have to worry about staying in at the Villa and waiting for a delivery man (though it would be such a hardship, lounging by the pool, etc. etc. ;) Nevertheless, it would have cut into my "Ride-time".

In any event, thank you for all your surfing on my behalf.

Kind regards

Sarah