PDA

View Full Version : Flydrive?

Surfin_USA
31-08-2007, 14:38
Is it better to go flydrive or just to book separately?

Such as is it cheaper or has anyone experiences problems with Flydrive. Were traveling by Virgin which he have never done before so it is all new.

Thanks [grin]

AshleyLodge
31-08-2007, 15:03
You really have to do the arithmatic every time as it can depend on special offers. Usually we find it beter to book the flights with Virgin and then get car hire through the link on this site. We have even had a fly drive and still found it cheaper to get the car hire from here as the insurance cost can be quite expensive with Virgin.

Have a great time and do ask any other questions that arise.

Lynne

Bex
31-08-2007, 15:59
We have just booked a fly-drive for next April with virgin, the travel agent just declined the car hire, and then we booked the car through the car hire here. we asked about car hire with virgin, telling the agents what we had been quoted here, they said just the cost of hiring / upgrading the 7 seater would be approx £300 for the 2 weeks without any insurance. [msnoo]

Surfin_USA
31-08-2007, 18:20
Ah i see, that is a lot Bex :O

Worked it out just and it is £408 per person for next April (April 23rd is when we go). It seems a good deal but unsure on how long the special offer lasts.

Bex
31-08-2007, 23:44
Surfin i would just check that the fly-drive price includes ALL car insurance, if it does then it's a very good price. We travel 18/04/2008 and flights are costing £378.75 per persons, plus £360 i believe it is for the car insurance from US car-hire. We are really happy with this overall price because we were going with TCD for more before they cancelled the Friday flights.