PDA

View Full Version : 4X4 and luggage space

Linicia
29-08-2007, 21:06
Have looked on the car hire site and it shows that you can get 34 cu ft of luggage into a 4X4. How do you work ot what the cu ft of your luggage is? Our party has increased from just two of us to 5 - all adults. We will travel with two hard shell suitcases each and the other members will have just one each, I hope. This will only be a potential problem when arriving at the airport as all the extra people will be leaving for home on different days.

CERICROWLEY
29-08-2007, 21:28
Pat

We normally have the 4x4 and this time there was three of us, with 4 cases and 2 roll on hand luggage, back pack and laptop all fitted in no problems. it needs a bit of shifting around to fit it all in nicely, but it did, and it will only be one trip from the airport that you will need the space for. so even if you have a bit of problem with fitting it all in. some of your hand luggage can go on the laps or in the well in front.

JOHNNY BOY
29-08-2007, 21:37
A typical suitcase will be about 6 cubic feet, multiply the length x width x height. If you mean you will have 7 suitcases in total then you will struggle with a standard 4x4 with only 5 seats. You will probably be better with a 7 seater van or maybe upgrading on arrival to a 7 seat Durango if you really want a 4x4 and if one is available, you can then use the extra seats as storage.

JR

Lynne S
29-08-2007, 21:37
We have had a couple of 4x4's and they have both been great for luggage space but my sister hired a 4x4 this June and it was tiny. I think it depends on what make and model you get. We went with Alamo and had a row to pick from.

dawn
29-08-2007, 21:44
We had a 4x4 from Alamo this August for 4 of us. It was very tight, 3 suitcases in the back and one on the back seat. Some of the hand luggage also fitted in the trunk.