PDA

View Full Version : Old Style Driving Licence

Team Thomson
23-08-2007, 00:54
Do you know if it is ok to still use your old UK licence for hiring your car?

I will be changing my name when we come back as we are getting wed in Florida so didnt want to send for a photo one before we went as it was a waste of time.

berni_richards
23-08-2007, 01:00
Yes I still havent changed my surname (after 3 years) and I still have the pink old license and it is still accepted when I pick up a car in orlando

Jill
23-08-2007, 01:15
Stuart and I both have the old style driving licence and have never had any problems when presenting it to hire a car.

ellie
23-08-2007, 01:15
Yes, we still have the old ones and have not experienced any problems.

Hope you have a wonderful wedding - don't forget to post some photos!:)

Team Thomson
23-08-2007, 01:18
Cheers guys.

Southsider
23-08-2007, 01:25
So do they not ask to see your passport if you only have the paper licence? I am just wondering if the names were different surely it would not be acceptable.

Tricia

roger
23-08-2007, 01:36
You do have to show photo ID, so if the old style license then you can either show passport or other official photo ID. If the name is different on the passport I recomend you have something to back this up (like a marriage certificate).

JOHNNY BOY
23-08-2007, 01:57
I still have the old green licence and have never had any problems, ... so far at least, I have not yet been asked for any form of photo ID.

JR

Andy & Arlene
23-08-2007, 10:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by JOHNNY BOY
I still have the old green licence and have never had any problems, ... so far at least, I have not yet been asked for any form of photo ID.

JR
[/quote]

Same - never been asked for photo id either.

Katys Grandad
23-08-2007, 11:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Andy & Arlene
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by JOHNNY BOY

JR
[/quote]

Same - never been asked for photo id either.
[/quote]

Neither have I.

Michelle
23-08-2007, 12:17
Yes my husband still has the old Green Driving Licenece and has never been asked for photo ID.

orchidvilla
23-08-2007, 15:22
Hi...slightly off the topic but if you drive in Europe with your old paper licence and get stopped for say speeding in Germany then they can only fine you, if you have the photo one then they can issue you with points and fine as it has the EU logo on it...
Info given to me by a traffic cop

Malcolm