PDA

View Full Version : turning right out of crescent lakes

chrisj
03-10-2003, 02:51
We never turned right when we were there, tried a few times but
we always ended up going to the 7/11 for those lovely cheese and
ham rolls, well thats my excuse.

Anyway next year im determined to turn right, so can someone let me
know what is down that way, I know John told us about some stables where we could go horse riding but we never made it.

What else is down that way ??

Chris

blott
03-10-2003, 02:58
Oooh, you might have missed a treat there then! Turning right takes you to all sorts of places...

Nature reserve (open to the public at weekends)
Horse World Riding Stables
Poinciana (shops, Winn Dixie, Publix, medical center, etc, etc and soon to have a new Wal-Mart!)
Disney Wilderness Preserve
Boggy Creek Airboat Rides

Shall I go on? ;)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
03-10-2003, 02:59
If you carry on you get to Poinciana - not that much there but there is an excellent Chinese take-away which is well worth the visit - they do deliver to Crescent Lakes but they take ages - it's a lot quicker to phone your order in and then by the time you get there it is ready :D.

Oh yes, and if you carry straight on at Poinciana you end up at Boggy Creek airboat rides which is fantastic fun :D.

chrisj
03-10-2003, 03:05
We love chinese, we tried one by the publix on OBT, but it was erm rubbish, so we will try that
one next time

Will have to do the boat ride

Cheers
Chris

huckleberry house
04-10-2003, 18:03
Hi Chris
The best chinese we found is China-one located on the publix shopping centre at Championsgate.They do deliver as well or eat in.
Lesley

caroline
04-10-2003, 18:35
I'll second that Lesley [^]

blott
04-10-2003, 19:56
If you want to eat out at a Chinese restaurant near Crescent Lakes then I would recommend the Iron Chef Chinese buffet which has excellent food. We went there on Mothers' Day and each female was given a gift! Might try it around Christmas and see if we get another one! ;)

But to get there you need to turn left as it's on your favourite road Chris! ;)

chrisj
04-10-2003, 20:06
hehehe thanks Blott,

The nature reserve sounds a place to visit as well

blott
04-10-2003, 22:08
If you go on a Sunday to Disney Wilderness Preserve and you can do the buggy ride! :D http://nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/florida/preserves/art5523.html

chrisj
04-10-2003, 22:39
Blott

Wow it looks a great place to visit, well thats 1 day out sorted, only 20 more to fill

Thanks
Chris

chrisj
07-10-2003, 03:25
Actually Ive been looking at an owners own website and theres a Titanic exhibition is it any good Blott ? Just thought a trip there would fill another day, only 19 more days to fill

blott
07-10-2003, 03:50
Hi Chris

There was talk of it closing last Christmas actually but, as far as I know, it's still going, for 2003 at least. It's at the Mercado village on International Drive (not far from the Convention Center).

They have quite a lot of original artefacts and memoriabilia from the ship and have recreated some of the ship's interior.

You get issued with a passenger name when entering and, at the end of the exhibition, they tell you whether you 'survived' or not! http://www.titanicshipofdreams.com/

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
07-10-2003, 05:02
Just back from a trip turning right out of Crescent Lakes - went to the Poinciana Chinese and were not that impressed at all - food did not taste of anything at all - I had a veggie curry and it was the mildest curry I have ever had - it was basically sauce. Won't be going there again :(.

chrisj
07-10-2003, 13:04
Thanks again Blott

We had a chinese, we got it from the one next to Publix on the OBT, we didnt like it, but
someone told us they cook it without any MSG and that might be why we didnt enjoy the
meal

Capricorn
07-10-2003, 17:34
Maybe everyone is to shy to tell you the real reason why people turn Right on Crescent Lakes

CYPRESS COVE NUDIST CAMP:D:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
07-10-2003, 17:42
LOL Capricorn - went past there last night on the way to get our Chinese - it has some of the biggest fences round it I've seen [:I]:D[:I]:D

chrisj
07-10-2003, 17:59
:D:D oh well thats something to look out for

Karen
14-10-2003, 20:36
Originally the plot of land we wanted to buy "sort of" backed on to CYPRESS COVE NUDIST CAMP.
Did not realise it at the time, but there would have been a lot of trees between them and us anyway:D

Instead we bought at Countryside Manor, which is a very small community that is near to Horse World and the Osceola County Schools Environmental Study Centre (tel 407 870 0551) which is open to the general public from 12 o'clock at the weekends. Very nice half day out:)

So in answer to your question Chris, if you turn right out of Crescent Lakes you will find us (but we are hiding behind trees, so you will have to look hard;))

chrisj
15-10-2003, 00:33
Karen

As long as your dressed :D

Its just next year we are there for 21 days and as we hit the parks this year we want
to do a few other things. We will do Epcot again as we love that place, Universal and
2 Water Parks, Kennedy and thats all we have really planned. We want to go back to
Cocoa Beach and visit Treasure Island where we spent our honeymoon.

Then just wake up and go for something not so hard on the feet.