PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!!!

britprincess
20-08-2007, 18:48
Hi Guys,

I'm travelling to orlando in Sept and I was staying at the rodeway on international but now im changing it to Kissimmee as I prefer this area!!

I have searched and searched the hotels on the us192 and just can't decide what is the nicest hotel for the money - then after reading peoples experiences on certain websites ive been put off some.

I normally stay in villas and haven't stayed in hotel on 192 for 15 years so im unsure to which hotel will; be best - can anybody help me
ive looked into the:

Quality hotel
Ramada
Masters inn
Travelodge
comfort
any many more!!!!

But i just need some advise!

LiesaAnna
20-08-2007, 19:36
any particular reason as to why you want to stay in a hotel?
have never tried one but my neighbours go to the same one every year quality inn plaza not sure if its in the same area as the rest you have listed

mfairhurst
20-08-2007, 19:59
The QUALITY INN PLAZA is on I DRIVE .
We have stayed there in the past and a little basic as most MOTELS and HOTELS are in FLORIDA unless you go for expensive ones .
You can do HOTEL for 1 week and villa for the other if you are going for 2 weeks .
Have a nice holiday .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Nina A
20-08-2007, 22:13
All our guests have said that after staying in a villa they would never consider staying in a hotel in Florida again! A villa offers so much better value for money than a hotel.

The 192 and Kissimmee used to be the only places to stay but Orlando has changed so much in the past few years. I-Drive is very very busy and the 192 is now rather tired in places.

If you're really set on staying in a hotel, then take a look at the excellent; 'a Brit's Guide to Orlando and Walt Disney World' 2007. Suggestions for hotels are from Page 74.

Have a brilliant time wherever you stay :)

Nikki D
21-08-2007, 00:23
Hi I haven't stayed in a hotel in Florida before but I'm a taxi driver and a lady gets in who stays at the Ramada three times a year and loves it.

Paula D-S
21-08-2007, 02:12
Have you sent a villa enquiry to the above sites. You will find staying in a villa is much better value for your money and as all the villas on these sites are verified you will be certain you are getting what you pay for.

caroline
21-08-2007, 02:52
I think Sarah is squeezing a cheapie trip in and her accomodation is included in the price (I believe that's what I read on another thread) - Sorry I can't offer any views on the hotels as we've never stayed in any of them. Maybe you would have more luck with one of the online review type sites.

Southsider
21-08-2007, 03:06
Britprincess - I think all the hotels you mention are very similar, 2 Double beds with TV and a bathroom, it will be just a matter of finding the address and seeing which end of the US192 they are on.

britprincess
21-08-2007, 12:57
cheers guys......

your right Caroline trying to squeeze in a really cheap break my friend wanted to do Spain for £300 and I found a week to Florida for the same price ( I don't like Spain by the way!) so we have agreed on orlando... as long as its cheap

We are re never ones for hanging around our hotel room or use the facilities really its in late up early and out so its just a bed and shower really that we need [msnsmile]

found some cheap flights and the car hires a good price so just looking on a room now!

I'm thinking the Ramada Maingate......

mfairhurst
21-08-2007, 14:59
There is a HOTEL on the 192 it was the BAYMONT but has changed to a BESTWESTON not sure of the name but it has inside rooms and they do contiental breakfast .
It is near PERKINS ON THE 192 so you can walk for full breakfast .
Have a lovly time .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefliridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

canarypam
21-08-2007, 15:08
We have stayed at Quality Suites which is next door to Old Town in the past.

Have a great time.

Homer
21-08-2007, 20:22
We stayed at the La Quinta (think it is now a best western or similar) on our first trip 5 years ago and all was good for us.

And on our subsequent visits have still used it for breakfast as it is a great service.

flyrr100
23-08-2007, 18:33
I would seriously look into hotels on the Disney property. If you are going in September, which is the start of the 'off season' prices are down. I suspect you'd be able to get a room for under $100 a night, which with the cheap dollar is a steal.

dudette
22-07-2008, 18:39
Ive stayed at the La Quinta too, absolutely loved it! Worth checkin out man1x