PDA

View Full Version : Pirates and Princess Party at MK

18-08-2007, 07:31
Has anybody been to a P&P evening ay MK and if so is it worth it, were the parate and fireworks good?

Tracey K
20-08-2007, 18:40
Went the night before last and it was great fun. There were different fireworks and parade - both based on princesses and pirates (surprise surprise) and lots of treasure stops where you collect beads or chocolate. There were also lots of events for the children to learn pirate skills and photo opporunties for princesses as well as character greetings (you will get to meet some new ones)and of course you just walk onto the rides because there are no queues.

Lynne S
20-08-2007, 19:41
This sounds wonderful if you have any little pirates or princesses, mine are all to big now.
I may have to take my niece[msnwink] She would love it as she is only 4:)

Tracey K
21-08-2007, 18:00
There were lots of grown up princesses and pirates there [msnwink]

jo-anne
31-08-2007, 03:52
We went a few days ago for my daughter's birthday. I can honestly say it was a gem of an event! The ticket price is half of the usual park entrance fee. You can get in at 4pm and stay until 11pm. At 6pm anyone not at the party is asked to leave. We really felt as if we were VIP guests at this point as the numbers of guests were so small. We didn't wait for a single ride so did everything and more in much less time. The temp. had cooled down and it was so pleasant walking around. The event was beautifully staged towards the Pirate and princess theme. There were 2 parades, fireworks, special party games etc which you could enjoy as well as the rides because you didn't feel the usual preasure to run around and avoid the crowds. The parade was fab and we just wandered up to the side of the road to watch it go by - none of the usual waiting for an hour to get a good spot and then struggling to see in crowds 4 deep! We watched the fireworks sitting in front of the castle - again no jostling and fighting for a good spot. We felt as if the fireworks were just for us as where we were there was nobody else about.
This type of event is really an untapped teasure! Fantastic value for money!
One thing I would say is that if you are going to MK - check when the Pirate and princess parties are as there were a lot of upset people who didn't like being asked to leave at 6pm when they were expecting to be there 'til midnight and watch the Wishes fireworks! Although the announcement said there were lots of tickets still available, once guests realised it involved an extra charge on top of the $76 already paid they were pretty mad!