PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater accommodation for a night

roxyfizz
17-08-2007, 00:39
Hello again,
I'm probably going to be a pain now for a while now we are going away:D.
Last year we went to Clearwater for a day.We did the Sea screamer and all loved it so much that we have decided we would like to do it again.We have been planning an itinerary today and were discussing staying in Clearwater overnight.
Has anyone done this before, and if so, do you have any recommendations for accomodation or anywhere else to stay close by that would be reasonably priced. We are 2 adults, 1 Granny pops,2 kiddies and a teen. This would mean 2 rooms i suppose?
When we have travelled to the States/Canada the motels/hotels put you in one family rm, but I have not come across this in Florida.
It's just an idea that we thought of depending on price.

Thanks

RF

mfairhurst
17-08-2007, 01:15
There is a lot of MOTELS in CLEARWATER overlooking the water .
If you put CLEARWATER web site on you should find lots and some more up market than others There is a COMFORT INN but it is on a busy road
BESTWESTON is on the middle area not overlooking sea but cheaper than the HILTON .
Hope you enjoy staying there as nice for a few days .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

SDJ
17-08-2007, 03:52
At the moment Clearwater Beach is under construction as they are knocking down buildings on the front, and doing a new road. I don't know how long the roadworks etc. will take so you had better check before you go so as not to be disappointed.

Sandra

Cruella DeVilla
17-08-2007, 13:20
We were there late May and the roadworks, at that stage, were ony at one part where you buy the excursions/boat trips etc. Further down was fine but of course they may have moved by now.

wrpac00
18-08-2007, 05:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roxyfizz
Hello again,
I'm probably going to be a pain now for a while now we are going away:D.
Last year we went to Clearwater for a day.We did the Sea screamer and all loved it so much that we have decided we would like to do it again.We have been planning an itinerary today and were discussing staying in Clearwater overnight.
Has anyone done this before, and if so, do you have any recommendations for accomodation or anywhere else to stay close by that would be reasonably priced. We are 2 adults, 1 Granny pops,2 kiddies and a teen. This would mean 2 rooms i suppose?
When we have travelled to the States/Canada the motels/hotels put you in one family rm, but I have not come across this in Florida.
It's just an idea that we thought of depending on price.

Thanks

RF
[/quote]

Try Thriller this year, I think its better than Sea Screamer.